STB prices increased & LDP acquisition combo offer of DMP & South Special hiked

• Thread starter Sagar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 3,114
anishpai said:
AFAIK in UK and US its either DTH or Digital Cable thats leading and is has max share in households. The current internet speeds is average, hardy many cities have OFC. Only Metros currently have high speed internet. a Full HD 30 mins video on Youtube take time to load and buffers, what will happen to a live HD TV channel ??? The more the subscribers, the more distribution of speeds. Airtel and BSNL both failed in IPTV.

yes you are right but i am talking for future not present after improvement in network like upgrading to 4g & 5g technology all over world in upcoming days this will happen as tecnology will be improving day by day wirless tecnology will be cheaper then cable wires and about bsnl and airtel they are using cable for iptv so they failed, so i think jio will use 4g to connect the box if it comes then watching tv exprience will be diffrent

Last edited by a moderator:
rocky7756 said:
yes you are right but i am talking for future not present after improvement in network like upgrading to 4g & 5g technology all over world in upcoming days this will happen as tecnology will be improving day by day wirless tecnology will be cheaper then cable wires and about bsnl and airtel they are using cable for iptv so they failed, so i think jio will use 4g to connect the box if it comes then watching tv exprience will be diffrent

Even if they use 4G i doubt their quality. The more the subscribers connected to a tower the more distribution of speeds. Eventually in Sep 2016 when Jio was launched their speeds were amazingly fast, but by December there were reports that some users got low speeds. Will have to see how they do it if at all they plan to launch.

The difference between DTH/Cable and IPTV

TV channels specially HD ones require a lot of space, bandwidth so that there are no error, degradation in PQ/AQ. My MSO still finds it difficult to relay HD channels and there are frequent issues in channels.

HD channels can be carried by Satellites due to their complex computer modulation, and i doubt mobile towers having the same Technology to handle so many HD channels.

they are going to use fiber tech. which is far better than others believe in ambani :p fiber technology can give us better speedthan current tech. ambani is not fool

Good Job anishpai Bro I will Impress For Your Briefly Explanation So It's Confirm That JIO Launch IPTV Service Not DTH Service Right Bro :tup   I Seen Jio STB They Clearly mention   It's IPTV Service Not DTH Service You are Right Bro Currently STB Is Testing Mode It's Running Lot Of Humors About Service Launching . :huh

ajaypattnaik said:
Airtel bhi price badha dia bhai

I was knowing it'll happen as most DTHs follow Ts footsteps ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock