Suggested pack by members

My LDP old cinema sports expires on May 5. But today it automatically migrated to tamil dpo 3 pack. But I want to activate only tamil dpo 2. Is there any way to change the pack. Without our consult why they are changing packs.

My LDP old cinema sports expires on May 5. But today it automatically migrated to tamil dpo 3 pack. But I want to activate only tamil dpo 2. Is there any way to change the pack. Without our consult why they are changing packs.
U can change it next month

My Pack is now malayalam DPO 3 suggested by sun direct but this 5th my account will expire so my suggested plan is

1.Malayalam DPO 2 Pack = 199/-
2. Happy India Sports pack add on = 31/-
3. Happy India English add on = 12/-.
4. Discovery basic bouquets add on = 8/-.
5. Star Movies Alacarte = 12/-

So all together with GST = 310/-.

I will get all most of sports channels with English and Malayalam channels.

In DPO 3 so many channels added which i don't watch so.....

I am finally taking a look at the (most tiresome) options for opting the new framework.

Mandai is lightly valiching as I am mulling at the confusing number of different ways we can opt all of our required channels. And mine happens to be quite a long list! Plus, I have 1 HD box and 1 SD box to opt these for.

So, here's step 1 of many -->

@amarnathkvk and others :
Does opting for SD DPO Packs + HD addons + HD a-la-cartes still work even after TRAI's genius work?

Did any of you fellow sufferers try this out after the implementation of this confusion?

Please advise :)

Translation For Non-Tamils:
Mandai = The whole upper portion of our poor head
Valiching = A Tanglish (Tamil+English) word, which means "oh, the insufferable pain"

I only watch hd channels, but hd dpo 3 is 500+ which is not good and they only giving sun hd channels in that

So i chose FTA basic 154
Addon alacarte
Star Sports HD1-22
Asianet-22
Vijay HD-22
Sun HD-22
Discovery HD-6
MTV Beats -1
Total -250 only

Last edited:
I only watch hd channels, but hd dpo 3 is 500+ which is not good and they only giving sun hd channels in that

So i chose FTA basic 154
Addon alacarte
Star Sports HD1-22
Asianet-22
Vijay HD-22
Sun HD-22
Discovery HD-6
MTV Beats -1
Total -250 only

So that proves non-HD Base Packs work alright with HD Addons / a-la-cartes.

Thank you :)

I want to add all HD sports channels .
Which pack is suitable for me under sports only category ?

I want to add all HD sports channels .
Which pack is suitable for me under sports only category ?
There is no pack where you get all sports channels. Take ncf base pack and activate broadcaster Bouquets. You will get all sports channels. For Sony network sports go for 50 rupees pack and star 85.

Last edited:
Okay, so I couldn't quite come up with the most cost efficient packs for my SD and HD boxes by just looking at the Base Pack, Addon and a-la-carte prices in the website.

So I went ahead and created an extensive excel worksheet, consisting of all the channels that I wanted, and the different base packs and addon/a-la-carte combinations that could be used to get those channels.

I am sharing the excel sheet here. Feel free to download it, and edit/update it with your own required channels. You can insert/delete rows to suit your need.

I have used 'auto filters' at the topmost row. This can be used to view channels of specific type/add-ons/price, etc.,.

I have also used simple formulas (sum and product) in the excel sheet for calculating the addons+base pack total, GST and then Grand Total. This calculation could be found at the bottom most part of every DPO section of the sheets.

So hopefully, no matter how many rows you add/delete to the sheet, the calculation should still stay correct. Just make sure, that whenever you update an add-on to the sheet, that you are updating the price for ONLY one of its channels (meaning, update the price in only one row for each add-on). Update the price as 0 (zero) for the remaining channels belonging to that add-on. This way, an add-on's price won't be considered more than once for the final calculation.

Below are the packs that were most cost effective for me. Let me know if I could save money anywhere :)

SD Box:

Base Pack

Tamil DPO 2

Addon Packs
Mavis Satcom Bouquet 1 SD/HD
Star English Premium Pack
Sony Happy India English 12
Zee Prime Pack English SD
Discovery SD Bouquet 5 SD Basic Infotainment (Tamil) Pack

a-la-carte Channel
Travel XP Tamil

HD Box:

Base Pack

HD Tamil DPO 1

Addon Packs
Mavis Satcom Bouquet 1 SD/HD
Turner HD
Star English Premium Pack HD
Discovery HD Bouquet 3 Infotainment High Definition Pack
Sony Happy India English HD 20
Disney HD Bouquet
Zee Prime Pack English HD
Bennet Coleman Bouquet-3

a-la-carte Channels
Zee Tamil
Travel XP Tamil
Discovery Tamil
History TV 18 HD
Travel XP HD
VH1 HD
HBO SD Channel

Excel Sheet:
Firefox Send

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock