Sun Direct can still fight it out in ROI

Bishnu15

Contributor
Reaction score
This is an article about SD's presence in ROI, specially Bengal. With the current channel line up, hoping that they can't add a single ROI Channel without new tps, they can still fight it out. What they need to do ? Instead of over loading the ROI Packages with too much South Channels they can provide few more ROI Channels in the packs.

Lets take an example of my pack - Bengali Megashine Pack.

What are the changes they can do ?

1. Keep the pack price RS 200, 199 is just a game to show that its below RS 200 p.m.
2. Remove these channels with immediate effect:

Jaya TV / Jaya Plus / Jaya Max / Kalaignar / Kalaignar Seithigal (Too many Tamil Channels not a demand for Bengalis)

I News Telugu / TV 5 News Telugu / TV9 Telugu / NTV News Telugu / Sakshi TV (Too many Telugu News Channels not required !!!!!)

Asianet Suvarna / Suvarna News 24X7 / ETV News Kannada / Samaya News 24X7 (Too much Kannada News Channels !!!!)

Asianet / Asianet News / India Vision / Jai Hind TV / Mathrubhumi News / Manorama News / Kairali TV. (So many Malayalam Channels not required at all !)

So basically I am telling to remove 21 South Indian Channels from ROI base pack - Bengali Megashine Pack. But I also understand it decreases the total no. of channel count of that pack. So, now I tell to add these channels in the pack:

1. National Geographic Channel (As it has Bengali Feed as well)
2. Life OK ( A good Channel)
3. Channel V (Another good Music cum Entertainment Channel)
4. Subhavaartha Channel (Devotional Channel)
5. Ten Action (A Football Channel - As Bengali's are generally football lovers)
6. Zee Talkies (A good Movie Channel)
7. All Four Cinema Clubs (The only reason behind telling to add these South Indian Cinema Clubs is that we love action, and for action, language is not a barrier)
8. Chirithira (Let us laugh, even if we do not understand language)
9. Set Pix (Its a very good English Movie Channel)

So basically I am telling to add these 12 Channels if we count each cinema clubs as a separate channel.

I also want Mi Marathi to be removed from base pack. I also want Aakash Aath to be made exclusive for Bengali Customers. No other pack should contain Aakash Aath except Bengali Megashine Pack. This way they can promote ABP Ananda & Aakash Aath. Bengali News Channels. Though language is a barrier, still ETV Andhra Pradesh can be added in this pack as its a very good news channel. Atleast we can see in pictures what is happening in Andhra, as many of my relatives stay there.

In this way they can be little bit effective in West Bengal. They should immediately remove 15 to 20 South Indian Channels from Bengali Megashine Pack.

This thread should not be blank. I want comments and suggestions from members. Based on members comments and suggestions I shall forward your feedback to West Bengal Zonal Head Sun Direct. I am not telling what ever I say he will follow blindly. But atleast I shall give him a food for thought.

Ok.when the dth company adding and removing channels as per each one then what will be?

Re: RE: Sun Direct can still fight it out in ROI

Bishnu15 said:
This is an article about SD's presence in ROI, specially Bengal. With the current channel line up, hoping that they can't add a single ROI Channel without new tps, they can still fight it out. What they need to do ? Instead of over loading the ROI Packages with too much South Channels they can provide few more ROI Channels in the packs.

Lets take an example of my pack - Bengali Megashine Pack.

What are the changes they can do ?

1. Keep the pack price RS 200, 199 is just a game to show that its below RS 200 p.m.
2. Remove these channels with immediate effect:

Jaya TV / Jaya Plus / Jaya Max / Kalaignar / Kalaignar Seithigal (Too many Tamil Channels not a demand for Bengalis)

I News Telugu / TV 5 News Telugu / TV9 Telugu / NTV News Telugu / Sakshi TV (Too many Telugu News Channels not required !!!!!)

Asianet Suvarna / Suvarna News 24X7 / ETV News Kannada / Samaya News 24X7 (Too much Kannada News Channels !!!!)

Asianet / Asianet News / India Vision / Jai Hind TV / Mathrubhumi News / Manorama News / Kairali TV. (So many Malayalam Channels not required at all !)

So basically I am telling to remove 21 South Indian Channels from ROI base pack - Bengali Megashine Pack. But I also understand it decreases the total no. of channel count of that pack. So, now I tell to add these channels in the pack:

1. National Geographic Channel (As it has Bengali Feed as well)
2. Life OK ( A good Channel)
3. Channel V (Another good Music cum Entertainment Channel)
4. Subhavaartha Channel (Devotional Channel)
5. Ten Action (A Football Channel - As Bengali's are generally football lovers)
6. Zee Talkies (A good Movie Channel)
7. All Four Cinema Clubs (The only reason behind telling to add these South Indian Cinema Clubs is that we love action, and for action, language is not a barrier)
8. Chirithira (Let us laugh, even if we do not understand language)
9. Set Pix (Its a very good English Movie Channel)

So basically I am telling to add these 12 Channels if we count each cinema clubs as a separate channel.

I also want Mi Marathi to be removed from base pack. I also want Aakash Aath to be made exclusive for Bengali Customers. No other pack should contain Aakash Aath except Bengali Megashine Pack. This way they can promote ABP Ananda & Aakash Aath. Bengali News Channels. Though language is a barrier, still ETV Andhra Pradesh can be added in this pack as its a very good news channel. Atleast we can see in pictures what is happening in Andhra, as many of my relatives stay there.

In this way they can be little bit effective in West Bengal. They should immediately remove 15 to 20 South Indian Channels from Bengali Megashine Pack.

This thread should not be blank. I want comments and suggestions from members. Based on members comments and suggestions I shall forward your feedback to West Bengal Zonal Head Sun Direct. I am not telling what ever I say he will follow blindly. But atleast I shall give him a food for thought.

You know that ten action itself is costlier than all the Regional channels combined? :lol

Bishnu bro,
keep thinking, dreaming and demanding.

One of my friend is using sunDirect here, all others are happy with d2h and adtv.

I think Sun Group is more interested in looting money and not in customer's desire :S
So whatever Bishnu bro suggests,ultimately goes to the bin :u

Sun Group is basically meant for adding all the Sun Channels or say the channels related to Southern Taste. I am living here in Coimbatore after the emerging of D2h in South Channels many in our area who are South Indian have installed D2h. Air tel is the 2nd or you can say almost equal to D2h. Tata Sky has bean dead in our area only the people who installed long back are using that no new ones. Sun Direct will never add these Marathi, Bengali and other good ROI CHANNELS. Let us see. But they are concentrating on the Sun Shine outlets.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock