Good News Sun Direct FTA Box

• Thread starter Thread starter Shark
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 48
  • Views Views: Views 5,548
What scam bro? Who is adding 11 Pay HD channels in FTA Set top box? They not launched this to add so many Pay Channels. And see they are providing FTA and Some Pay channels at lower price from both Airtel And Sun. And I don't think any company giving Pay channels for free even for FTA users other then DishTV.
Airtel and Sun has no plans after ending of their given period but Zing has. 1111 for next 4 years
Picture Quality of DishTV is superior among all DTH, They are not compressing channels like TP and Airtel. Audio quality is not that bad if you viewing with TV Speakers. And not checked with external speakers.
They are around 10 ruppees per month less then other DTH. Means you can add 1 (19 Rupees) channel and 2 (10 ruppees) channels at no NCF + 1 Day lockin on Pay channels period.
If anyone want no Pay channels or to add 1-2 channels on daily basis or 4-5 channels at non regular basis, than any DTH not even close to them.
And Sun not providing Pay channels (Zee anmol, Sony Pal etc) in FTA Pack. So it's useless for North users.
NCF for each channel is biggest scam in d2h industry.
Also the paid channel you're talking about barely cost 0.10 to 0.50 on other platforms.

Last edited:
NCF for each channel is biggest scam in d2h industry.
Also the paid channel you're talking about barely cost 0.10 to 0.50 on other platforms.

But if anyone want to add so many channels then they should opt regular DTH Connection. In long term this will cost them lower then these boxes. 11 channels is not a number to add in FTA box.
And if anyone have to pay monthly then how it's good. I explained all the psychology facts and good things about Zing here.

Hello @redlofredlof
In response to your two posts in Airtel FTA and Sun FTA thread

Here is 9 reasons why you should chose Zing Super FTA over any other FTA box

You calculated all the mathematical things, but forgot to calculate Psychology. If anyone chosed FTA box they why he will Pay 130 rupees per month for Pay Channels. If anyone chosed FTA box means he not want to pay any monthly charge for channels. And DishTV Box working on the same method. Once you opted the box then you will not have to pay anything for entertainment.
They will provide you free channels and even Pay channels for some time as promotional offer. Like Anyone will get Free IPL, World Cup or any very prestigious Sporting event for free on Zing + Some more Pay channels as promotional offer like Some time ago Colors and Colour Cineplex given free for Zing Super FTA users.
The only mean for FTA box is you not have to pay anything after buying this. And Mostly users bought Zing Super FTA box to watch Zee Anmol, Colors Rishtey, Sony Pal etc and not to watch Sony Sab and more. DishTV giving box at same price as Airtel FTA and 1 Year more then Airtel FTA box.
Mostly Zing users already own a DD Free Dish box atleast MPEG-2. Then they can watch Indian Bilatrial Series and any other free tournament their and again tune into Zing due to Both using almost same satellite. This process not even take one minute.
Even after 4 years they have offers and the offers are too good. 589 for 12 Months and 899 for 24 months.
The Biggest drawback of Sun FTA is they not providing Sony Pal etc. Then why any North Indian user will chose Sun instead of Zing?

I think these reasons are enough to buy a box worth only 1600-1700 for Four Years.

But if anyone want to add so many channels then they should opt regular DTH Connection. In long term this will cost them lower then these boxes. 11 channels is not a number to add in FTA box.
And if anyone have to pay monthly then how it's good. I explained all the psychology facts and good things about Zing here.
Only con I find is some channels are missing for Hindi audience apart from that Sun HD is a more polished product.

As just an FTA box zing is better than all as it has more FTA channels and per month ncf is ₹33 while sun and Airtel is ₹45 each.

But when it comes to value for money pay TV, it's not. In fact sun direct regular or FTA is the most value for money DTH since their ncf is only 50 per month.

Since most of the channels I watch are a English a la carté and i cannot get them on any pack from any broadcaster/dth, I went with sun. My monthly cost comes to around 127 rupees which comprises of mostly HD English channels. I cannot get these channels at a lower price elsewhere. Also there is no lock in period in packs and channels.

Sun and Airtel have just started their FTA services. Zing has been there for quite a while that's why there are new plans. Even if sun discontinues their FTA service, I will gladly take their regular service as it's the cheapest of all.

Last edited:
If your usage few HD English channels Sun HD is no brainer. Value for money, excellent picture quality and audio.
No lockin period worries and NCF bias

Only con I find is some channels are missing for Hindi audience apart from that Sun HD is a more polished product.
Absolutely. Their stb UI is almost like an FTA box. You can view the signal level at the click of a button and shuffle the channels location at will.
I don't even use the fav options lol
The channel arrangement is so convenient and easy to find.
Whichever HD channel has Dolby audio you get it in Dolby digital+
Zing/dish/d2h has stereo audio for discoveryHD channel while sun has dd+ audio.

Absolutely. Their stb UI is almost like an FTA box. You can view the signal level at the click of a button and shuffle the channels location at will.
I don't even use the fav options lol
The channel arrangement is so convenient and easy to find.
Whichever HD channel has Dolby audio you get it in Dolby digital+
Zing/dish/d2h has stereo audio for discoveryHD channel while sun has dd+ audio.
Well I have setup DD free dish and Sun HD on same dish that's insane combination.
Ui is very friendly and switching between both is no hussle.
Only if Sun had used better advertising tactics in northern belt it would have been in top 3 dish operator.

If your usage few HD English channels Sun HD is no brainer. Value for money, excellent picture quality and audio.
No lockin period worries and NCF bias
Lock in period is there. And picture quality is not the best for some HD channels like eurosport and mtv beats hd and vh1 hd. Rest a pretty good and have deep and rich colour+contrast thanks to HEVC encoded video.
Actually sun uses pre-paid payment for channels and packs. So you end up paying for minimum 1 month cost of any channel you select.
However, that channel will auto unsubscribe at the end of the month if you don't add it back.
My current subscription ends on 21st. So the next day all my pay channels should disappear.

That's not a huge deal since i can easily select and add the channels from their app and the app has a dedicated heavy refresh/account refresh option which you won't find in any other DTH.

Well I have setup DD free dish and Sun HD on same dish that's insane combination.
Ui is very friendly and switching between both is no hussle.
Only if Sun had used better advertising tactics in northern belt it would have been in top 3 dish operator.
How have you managed to do this? Dual lnb? I'd love to see the dish setup.

Back
Top Bottom