Sun Direct General Discussions, Help & Queries

• Thread starter Bishnu15
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14,001
  • Views: Views 1,359,667
I meant the landing channel. Sorry bro I didn't noticed the LCN change.
They encrypted the info channel even when LCN 001 was available. My base pack ended on June 13. I recharged only on June 26. Up until few days before I recharged, I was able to watch Sun TV alone (in LCN 001). But then around June 20/21, the channel was scrambled for me.

Related thread -->
Breaking News - SD & HD both Info channels now Encrypted

Landing channel changed from 005 to 004 for me. Seems like landing channel is based on subscription pack. As I am in Malayalam SD pack, landing on Info Malayalam channel.
The following could be the reason. Please check if you have selected 004 Malayalam in the Display Menu option.

Today i received software update for stb model s32100

I too received the update yesterday. Same STB model.

There is also 1 more change in this update.

After this OTA Update, the STB boot up channel has changed back to Info Channel. Before this OTA Update, for the past few weeks, after switching ON, the STB booted up and played the exact channel that was playing before we switched OFF the STB.

Related Thread --> Discussion - STB Boot Up Channel

Now, the STB is booting up and playing whichever Info Channel Language we are selecting here:
Menu --> Display --> Info Language.

For example, I set 004 Malayalam and switched OFF the STB. The channel that was playing before switching the STB's power OFF was &flix (LCN 408). After I switched it back ON, it automatically played the INFO MALAYALAM (LCN 004) channel :)

Last edited:
The following could be the reason. Please check if you have selected 004 Malayalam in the Display Menu option.
I did not receive any OTA update.
Checked display settings now, it is set to 004 by SUN themselves.
The menu got 006 Hindi and 003 Kannada.
So two more info channels coming.

I did not receive any OTA update.
Checked display settings now, it is set to 004 by SUN themselves.
The menu got 006 Hindi and 003 Kannada.
So two more info channels coming.
You can select which info channel you wish

Landing channel changed from 005 to 004 for me. Seems like landing channel is based on subscription pack. As I am in Malayalam SD pack, landing on Info Malayalam channel.
Yes, otherwise there is no use with multiple info channels. if everybody (Non tamil) is landing on info channel which run Sun TV, Simply people will go the desired channel. Sun wants to improve the rating of GECs lost after trai's rule. So that they are running it in info channels. Thus info channels are landed accordingly.
Landing on any Info channel is not of much use to me. Would be useful if we can set the launching channel to any channel we like.
But I think there is rule to prevent it. On the other hand Sun is doing similar thing through the info channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock