Sun Direct General Discussions, Help & Queries

• Thread starter Bishnu15
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14,000
  • Views: Views 1,358,975
I have a doudt whether sundirect is getting ready to use insat 4a TPS again like how tatasky is doing

0OpDgI0.png

KkwA4zh.png

Because previously sundire
bro, can u please reveal the reason why you had that doubt ?

Previously sundirect used insat 4a for hd channels now they Removed tp from nt scan as they believed the satilite will die now the satellite looks k so tatasky is using it now so thaught sundirect will

Bro, I think you got confused with the Sat names.

Insat-4A is located at 83E, which is used by TataSky along with Gsat-10.

Its Insat-4B located at 93.5E which was used by Sun Direct. This was the initial satellite of Sun Direct when they started in 2008-2009. But due to failure of some TPs of that Sat in 2010, Sun Direct had to switch all the SD channels to 91.5 Measat. They continued to use the available TP of 93.5E for airing the 15 HD channels.

In the beginning is 2017, Sun Direct got new 4 TPs from Gsat-15. This was a replacement of the initially owned 4 TPs in Insat-4B (from 2008 to 2010). Thus they could now increase the HD channels count upto 55, by switching over to the TPs on this new Sat.

The case of TataSky is different. The Gsat-10 was made available to TataSky as a replacement for the Insat-4A, which was expecting to be expire soon. Luckily the old sat is working good and hence TataSky could utilise both the Sats.

The difference in the case of Sun Direct is that their old sat was already unhealthy and the case of utilising it further is not feasible.

Last edited:
Bro, I think you got confused with the Sat names.

Insat-4A is located at 83E.

Its Insat-4B located at 93.5E which was used by Sun Direct. This was the initial satellite of Sun Direct when they started in 2009. But due to failure of some TPs in that Sat, Sun Direct had to switch all the SD channels to 91.5 Measat. They continued to use the available TP of 93.5E for airing the 15 HD channels.

In the beginning is this year, Sun Direct got new 4 TPs from Gsat-15. Thus they could increase the HD channels count upto 55, by switching over to the TPs on this new Sat.

The case of TataSky is different. The Gsat-10 was made available to TataSky as a replacement for the Insat-4A, which was expecting to be expire soon. Luckily the old sat is working good and hence TataSky could utilise both the Sats.

The difference in the case of Sun Direct is that their old sat was already unhealthy and the case of utilising it further is not feasible
Thank you bro i am really confused

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock