TAMIL:

J Movie
Sirippoli
Chitthiram TV
Vaanavil TV
Vendhar TV
Peppers TV
Polimer News

(They going to remove Puthiya Thalaimurai channel)

TELUGU:

CVR News
CVR Health
10TV News

MALAYALAM:

Janam TV
Kappa TV

KANNADA:

Public Movies
Public Music

HINDI:

&TV
&Pictures
Sony Max 2
Zee Action
Wow Cinema
9X Jalwa

BANGLA:

Sony Aath

INFOTAINMENT:

NDTV Good Times(With Multi audio feed)

SPORTS:

Star Sports Select 1
Star Sports Select 2

HD CHANNELS:

ZEE Tamil HD
Colors Tamil HD
Star Maa Movies HD
Zee Bangla HD
Jalsa Movies HD
MTV HD
Star Gold HD
Star Suvarna HD
NG Wild HD(With English,Hindi & Tamil audio feed)
Star Sports Hindi 1 HD

Channels have been started to be added from this list provided by one of our bros.

i am unable to understand. can you elaborate?
Click Ok button in your remote and see what it displays above the list of channels. It should be "All Channels".
Exactly ilikered / siva bro. Sun Direct has this issues. All Channels must be selected.

I do not necessarily see this as a huge issue when considering the valuable options it provides us. I guess this probably could be a limitation with the new STBs when channels are grouped as bouquets.

My family members have Airtel Digital TV (HD) and Tata Sky (HD). In those STBs, getting into the menu for Bouquets or ALL Channels involves pressing multiple buttons and opening multiple menu items before we can even see the actual list of channels. The only option to easily select different channels in these two DTH services is to remember the exact channel numbers and then use the number buttons. However, remembering all/many channel numbers is particularly not easy for the elders in our families. And Airtel/Tata Sky's Favorites menus are not that savvy either.

I agree that the Favorites Menu option is not that useful even in Sun Direct. On the other hand though, the OK Button Menu option to select between TV All/Different Bouquets is an excellent option provided by Sun Direct. This menu makes it fairly easy even for the not highly educated to surf and find channels without much hustle. Even a visiting guest/relative who is using our remote for the first time can effortlessly surf between channels. We can easily say to them "Just press the OK button and use one of the 4 arrow buttons to surf between channels/bouquets"!

That said, could any of you please let all of us know if either Videocon DTH, Dish TV or Reliance Digital provide this kind of an OK Button Menu?

Another excellent option provided by Sun Direct (which again, I guess is not available in Airtel/Tata Sky) is the capability to select between audio from different speakers in the front audio channel. When we press the Audio button in the remote, we can select between Stereo or Mono or the Left or Right speaker's audio. This option was very useful in the olden days, for example when some GEC Channels used to provide Tamil audio in left speaker and Telugu audio in right speaker. Even today, it will be very useful for people using older/smaller CRT TVs like the Tamil Nadu Government provided TV (it has only mono audio input).

Besides, I use a Easy Workaround to get back to the TV ALL menu even if we are in any other Bouquet.

My SD box model is S32100. And I guess my HD box is Y Series (not 100% sure as it is in my native).

Here are the steps for the workarounds. HD Box has just one additional step. You should have NOT added any channels in the Favorites Menu for this to work.

SD Box: (Let us consider we are in English Movies/Ent menu)
1) Press the FAV button.
2) Press the RIGHT ARROW button, the one that is next to the OK button (this will select the current channel we are viewing)
3) Press the OK button (We will still be in the OLD channel, but this will take us back to the TV ALL menu)
4) Now press ANY channel number you want to change to. It will change now because we are already in the TV ALL menu.

HD Box: (Let us consider we are in English Movies/Ent menu)
1) Press the FAV button.
2) Press the RIGHT ARROW button, the one that is next to the OK button (this will select the current channel we are viewing)
3) Press the OK button (We will still be in the OLD channel, but this will take us to 1 step before the TV ALL menu)
4) Press the OK button again. TV ALL menu will open. Press the Ok button again to select the same channel. (This will take us back to the TV ALL menu)
5) Now press ANY channel number you want to change to. It will change now because we are already in the TV ALL menu.

Note: It did not work for me in the HD BOX unless I did the Step #4 above in the steps for HD Box. So try not to skip that.

Thank you for reading :)

The following channels will be added by Sun Direct on next month

TAMIL:

J Movie
Sirippoli
Chitthiram TV
Vaanavil TV
Vendhar TV
Peppers TV
Polimer News

TELUGU:

CVR News
CVR Health
10TV News

MALAYALAM:

Janam TV
Kappa TV

KANNADA:

Public Movies
Public Music

HINDI:

&TV
&Pictures
Sony Max 2
Zee Action
Wow Cinema
9X Jalwa

BANGLA:

Sony Aath

INFOTAINMENT:

SPORTS:

Star Sports Select 1
Star Sports Select 2

HD CHANNELS:

ZEE Tamil HD
Colors Tamil HD
Star Maa Movies HD
Zee Bangla HD
Jalsa Movies HD
MTV HD
Star Gold HD
Star Suvarna HD
Star Sports Hindi 1 HD

TAMIL:

J Movie
Sirippoli
Chitthiram TV
Vaanavil TV
Vendhar TV
Peppers TV
Polimer News

TELUGU:

CVR News
CVR Health
10TV News

MALAYALAM:

Janam TV
Kappa TV

KANNADA:

Public Movies
Public Music

HINDI:

&TV
&Pictures
Sony Max 2
Zee Action
Wow Cinema
9X Jalwa

BANGLA:

Sony Aath

INFOTAINMENT:

SPORTS:

Star Sports Select 1
Star Sports Select 2

HD CHANNELS:

ZEE Tamil HD
Colors Tamil HD
Star Maa Movies HD
Zee Bangla HD
Jalsa Movies HD
MTV HD
Star Gold HD
Star Suvarna HD
Star Sports Hindi 1 HD

TAMIL:

J Movie
Sirippoli
Chitthiram TV
Vaanavil TV
Vendhar TV
Peppers TV
Polimer News

TELUGU:

CVR News
CVR Health
10TV News

MALAYALAM:

Janam TV
Kappa TV

KANNADA:

Public Movies
Public Music

HINDI:

&TV
&Pictures
Sony Max 2
Zee Action
Wow Cinema
9X Jalwa

BANGLA:

Sony Aath

INFOTAINMENT:

SPORTS:

Star Sports Select 1
Star Sports Select 2

HD CHANNELS:

ZEE Tamil HD
Colors Tamil HD
Star Maa Movies HD
Zee Bangla HD
Jalsa Movies HD
MTV HD
Star Gold HD
Star Suvarna HD
Star Sports Hindi 1 HD

maybe..Upcoming Tamil channels Lcn J movie-126,siripoli-107,chittiram-117,vaanavil-140,vendhar tv-141,peppers tv-149,polimer news-139

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom