Breaking TAM applies for ratings license with MIB

• Thread starter Shark
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 1,228

Shark

Reaction score
Media research firm TAM, a joint venture between Nielsen (USA) and Kantar (UK) with 20 years of experience in India, has applied for a license as a ratings and audience measurement body with the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. This move aligns with the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India's (TRAI) recent consultation paper for the National Broadcasting Policy 2024, which proposes allowing multiple ratings agencies in the country.

Currently only BARC has MIB licence
S. No.NameCorrespondence AddressDate of Issue of Permission (DD/MM/YYYY)Validity of License (DD/MM/YYYY)Operational Status
1M/s Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC)Rose Cottage, Next to Citi Tower, 61, Dr. S.S Rao Road, Parel (E), Mumbai-400012, India28/07/201527/07/2025Operational

Finally an alternative to current arbitrary, opaque system

Abc Yes GIF by The Bachelorette

This is urgently needed seeing the current body and it's controversies. An alternative as soon as possible :surprised:

Finally an alternative to current arbitrary, opaque system
This is urgently needed seeing the current body and it's controversies. An alternative as soon as possible :surprised:
TAM was active in India before 2014. They even had lesser machines than BARC and was only measuring urban cities. So don't get your hopes high it won't be any different or better than BARC.

This is urgently needed seeing the current body and it's controversies.

Can you elaborate on these controversies? I used to follow TAM ratings in early 2000s. I thought they had to leave the market due to unreliability of ratings.

But we will get better feedback as we can compare 2 agencies results

Agreed, and both agencies should take transparent steps to ensure reliability of ratings.

Can you elaborate on these controversies? I used to follow TAM ratings in early 2000s. I thought they had to leave the market due to unreliability of ratings.
What I referred to here was TRP scam of BARC. Being the sole body to provide ratings BARC always has a monopoly.I think TAM left due to its less meters and thus as you said unreliability.TAM & other firms should also enter so that we can get proper data.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock