Discussion Tamil Movies of 80s, 90s, 2000s restoration into True 1080p HD

Ktv telecasted moondram pirai in remastered quality
XkBp3e6.png

zAaDyxU.png

dTDeZh3.png

Found a gem here.
This is a religious movie called Bhakta Tukaram originally in Telugu but dubbed in Tamil starring ANR with Sivaji Ganesan doing a guest role as Chatrapati Sivaji. It was released in 1973 and produced by Adinarayana Rao.

I have checked this movie 2 year ago in Sunnxt and while checking now I see a huge difference in PQ. The movie has been restored from its original print. I was amazed with the quality. It is in Sunnxt but I don't remember them telecasting this movie in Sun TV or KTV.

NAEFEJa.jpg

kVincDj.jpg

jCDFPv7.jpg

HlolUja.jpg
I have one question :

All these movies were shot on a 4:3 aspect ratio. How on earth did they convert it to 16:9 aspect ratio/Cinemascope/Anamorphic widescreen?? Are they using some kind of AI (artificial intelligence) or what?

I have one question :

All these movies were shot on a 4:3 aspect ratio. How on earth did they convert it to 16:9 aspect ratio/Cinemascope/Anamorphic widescreen?? Are they using some kind of AI (artificial intelligence) or what?
Dude there are softwares to adjust aspect ratio. While restoring the movie they take care of all these things

Any way good move by KTV , Hope they will remaster more movies soon.Ktv HD is the channel which shows mostly SD movies for the price of a HD channel

Last edited:
I have one question :

This same doubt I ask

I have one question :

They actually crop a bit from top or bottom to match the 16:9 aspect ration. That is what I have noticed with Kaaki Sattai 1985 restored
gKVuMwO.png

MtioABU.png

You can see that they have cropped from the bottom but more screen size is available from the side in the remastered copy

Great ,How you are taking this screen shot?So good quality

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock