• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 2,156

MRizz

Contributor
Reaction score
Yesterday at 3:55 PM

uTl6UKT.jpg

I don't find any bad if Tata Play shows ads like this (in banners, EPG). They provide really good services and also gives great offers.

It will create problem only if Tata Play starts implementing such ads to full screen while changing channel until than no issue.

I don't find any bad if Tata Play shows ads like this (in banners, EPG). They provide really good services and also gives great offers.

It will create problem only if Tata Play starts implementing such ads to full screen while changing channel until than no issue.
Any types of ads on tv screen is not right

We need to protest such a move

Any types of ads on tv screen is not right

We need to protest such a move
Yes I know bro,
But due to increase in OTT streaming, Free to watch channels on JioTV. In cities availability of broadband have affected DTH business & In villages mostly people prefer Free Dish.
So paid DTH market is decreasing.

And due to all these pivate DTH are bound to not increase the price otherwise they will lose their more customers.

So if they opt for such ads (only small banner) then it shouldn't be a issue.

All streaming platforms have Unskippable Ads then why can't DTH have such ads?

Not to forget, in binge+ box they are promoting ott movie ad on screen

Yes I know bro,
But due to increase in OTT streaming, Free to watch channels on JioTV. In cities availability of broadband have affected DTH business & In villages mostly people prefer Free Dish.
So paid DTH market is decreasing.

And due to all these pivate DTH are bound to not increase the price otherwise they will lose their more customers.

So if they opt for such ads (only small banner) then it shouldn't be a issue.

All streaming platforms have Unskippable Ads then why can't DTH have such ads?

Well buddy, nice explanation....just wish u perceived such steps in similar manner when Airtel Digital TV undertook them as usually i have seen that u and some other members poke fun or object when Airtel adds FTA / Carriage Fee based News, Religious / other genre channels and home channels to air teleshopping ads.....this alongside adding other popular channels and even provided good affordable packs , offers etc + maintaining great overall service quality.

Also by the way such banner ads r more obstructive than addition of carriage fee channels or home / promo channels as one can easily block or skip them and lastly as i have always highlighted most carriage fee channels are good + they have an audience base so we should respect interest/choice of others rather than always saying that such channels r of no use.

Also just FYI now Tata Play too has started airing various telshopping ads on various promo or home channels which r available inbetween channels across various genres on its platform so as to increase revenues....earlier on various occasions when i used to point put that Tata Play should start adding multiple home/promo channels to air telshopping ads so that revenue can be increased without passing additional moneatry burden on customers then some members always used to mention that oh Tata Play has a premium branding attached to it and they should never add such home or promo channels to showcase ads but now as u can see even they have implemented this step which is a good strategic move.

Also in Airtel we have dedicated home channels for each language while Tata Play has now introduced segmented home channels for each language so depending on ur location u will see that particular home channel on Channel 100 when u start the STB..... Previously same was introduced for various segment of customers like SD users got Ch. 100 while HD got Ch. 100 Gold and HD+/Binge users got to see Ch. 100 Platinum when they switched on STB on same LCN 100 later on they made some more changes in names of these channels as well as who got access to it as per Bouquet ID activated on Customer's STB

just wish u perceived such steps in similar manner when Airtel Digital TV undertook them as usually i have seen that u and some other members poke fun or object when Airtel adds FTA / Carriage Fee based News, Religious / other genre channels and home channels to air teleshopping ads.....this alongside adding other popular channels and even provided good affordable packs , offers etc + maintaining great overall service quality.
FYI bro Airtel was the first to take such step. I remember Airtel used to show such adds (of TVS Jupiter I remember) during IPL matches last year.

I or other member never make fun of Airtel just defended Tata Play in terms of services and experience which I believe still Airtel is away from Tata Play.
Also just FYI now Tata Play too has started airing various telshopping ads on various promo or home channels which r available inbetween channels across various genres on its platform so as to increase revenues....earlier on various occasions when i used to point put that Tata Play should start adding multiple home/promo channels to air telshopping ads so that revenue can be increased without passing additional moneatry burden on customers then some members always used to mention that oh Tata Play has a premium branding attached to it and they should never add such home or promo channels to showcase ads but now as u can see even they have implemented this step which is a good strategic move.
Tata Play has been a premium brand. They provides good services and customer support.
Earlier Tata Play was expensive & it can easily manages its cost from customer.
But after TRAI and OTT all DTH have to cut the prices of their services. Hence to increase revenue they have started showing promo which isn't a bad thing.
Also Airtel has many promo channels , I have seen ACP Pradyuman promoting Hair & Knees related product on most of the channels 👍
Also in Airtel we have dedicated home channels for each language while Tata Play has now introduced segmented home channels for each language so depending on ur location u will see that particular home channel on Channel 100 when u start the STB..... Previously same was introduced for various segment of customers like SD users got Ch. 100 while HD got Ch. 100 Gold and HD+/Binge users got to see Ch. 100 Platinum when they switched on STB on same LCN 100 later on they made some more changes in names of these channels as well as who got access to it as per Bouquet ID activated on Customer's STB
The reason Tata Play is a Brand ♥️.
Same channel for different audience 🫡

FYI bro Airtel was the first to take such step. I remember Airtel used to show such adds (of TVS Jupiter I remember) during IPL matches last year.

I or other member never make fun of Airtel just defended Tata Play in terms of services and experience which I believe still Airtel is away from Tata Play.

Well buddy i can point out numerous instances where various members have poked fun at Airtel Digital TV for such seasons but anyways i shall not put time/efforts into it again as already discussed enough about it earlier on.....regarding banner ads which appear on EPG that is separate thing and all DTH operators have been showing such ads since long time, in above case we r talking about new ad options introduced by Tata Play wherein banner/pop up ads which appear on live tv screen or which appear adjacent to LCN number when it is pressed which surely not only does not look good but cause inconvenience / obstruction while watching / switching between Channels
Tata Play has been a premium brand. They provides good services and customer support.
Earlier Tata Play was expensive & it can easily manages its cost from customer.
But after TRAI and OTT all DTH have to cut the prices of their services. Hence to increase revenue they have started showing promo which isn't a bad thing.
Also Airtel has many promo channels , I have seen ACP Pradyuman promoting Hair & Knees related product on most of the channels 👍

The reason Tata Play is a Brand ♥️.
Same channel for different audience 🫡

Again incorrect. In current NTO regime too there r various avenues available to earn revenue so it is not that earlier there was scope to earn more revenue while now it is not and i have discussed it before as to how while in earlier Pre NTO regulations there was not a fair balance / transparency as far as providing channel bouquets via RIO agreement thru advance payment deals as bigger operators got huge discounts while smaller ones had to pay more thereby profit margins differed when operators sold the same channels to customers via its curated DPO bouquets......mainly DD Free Dish and OTT have caused a decrease in ARPU and churn/ slow growth in DTH/Cable TV space and for that operators need to reinvent to attract subscribers thru introducing various things & add new revenue streams

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock