Discussion Tata Play charged Rs. 300 for a simple pin code correction

• Thread starter Thread starter Vicky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 17
  • Views Views: Views 1,208

Vicky

Contributor
Reaction score
Yesterday 2nd time faced bad experience with Tataplay team, i had registered request for remote replacement, dealer told sir, ur pincode wrong, please contact cc & update ur pincode, after nearby service dealer will arrange for service, hence I had contacted customer care team, they confirmed no charge will debit for pincode correction, 2 or 3 days before received call from tataplay cc, they told sir, we are send service code for close that complaint, after we will update ur pincode, I had asked them if I have given this code charge will debit, they told sir no charge will debit, yesterday they debited Rs.300 for relocation charge, I had send Email to cc, ceo, today received call from backend team, they told charge will debited correctly, for pincode correction we will raised as relocation :oops:

Now a days tataplay cc support is wrost😔

fvnrKtx.jpeg

Last edited:
Solution
Upon receiving a refund request from a customer tataplay Will not initiate the refund immediately.
CC will hear the customer and will raise a "Quality on submission " for the customer and will forward to concerned ISP

The ISP has to respond the mail within the specified time
If the ISP responds With the remark Work order Completed with Wrong Resolution Code from our end ( ISP admits the mistake)
Tataplay will immediately refund the amount to customer account.
But in most cases ISP will not admit it firstly and they Will try their best to hide their mistake
if they respond Work order Completed with valid reason tataplay Wil mark it issue resolved fron our backend "

Here the customer again needed to contact CC and express...
Yesterday 2nd time faced bad experience with Tataplay team, i had registered request for remote replacement, dealer told sir, ur pincode wrong, please contact cc & update ur pincode, after nearby service dealer will arrange for service, hence I had contacted customer care team, they confirmed no charge will debit for pincode correction, 2 or 3 days before received call from tataplay cc, they told sir, we are send service code for close that complaint, after we will update ur pincode, I had asked them if I have given this code charge will debit, they told sir no charge will debit, yesterday they debited Rs.300 for relocation charge, I had send Email to cc, ceo, today received call from backend team, they told charge will debited correctly, for pincode correction we will raised as relocation :oops:

fvnrKtx.jpeg
Yes bro, pin code update comes under address change which requires relocation

fvnrKtx.jpeg
Chennai Area?

Yes bro, pin code update comes under address change which requires relocation
@Abhinav bro,live chat, helpline cc,backend team are told it's free only, after only I had send email
Yes but 300 charge is unacceptable bro you can charge a max of 50 rupees because no one visited the site that too without informing the subscriber about charging 300 Unacceptable 😡
Yes @SarfaRaZ bro, backend team told without checking transaction history, they told sir from our side we are recharged Rs.100😬, BTW after deducted Rs.300 in my tataplay account, it's in negative balance, so I had recharged Rs.100😅
Chennai Area?
Yes @pradeepking66 bro

@Abhinav bro,live chat, helpline cc,backend team are told it's free only, after only I had send email
If you have proof of that then you can dispute but they gave you wrong information (cc has went downhill for sure). Reminder for everyone to tell companies to confirm such things via email.

Changing pincode is not chargeable, relocation is a completely different task where whole address is changed when a customer shifts connection to new location...... Updating pincode is a regular request although in order to avoid misuse where certain people change it or even themselves change address on app to get benefits of certain region specific offers Tata Play would have added a safeguard of this being done only after a service request is raised however i feel customer care executive chose the wrong category to raise a request as Pincode change would be listed under a separate category on their system database or maybe within relocation category therr would be a pincode change option which would be a free of cost service

Bro. in tataplay if customer request for anything like pincode changes CC has the only option to take work order for relocation hence CC did and the Work order pushed to the ISP which your new pincode is maped to.

Now the ISP have only two option complete the work order with a resolution code or cancel the WO with customer consent with a cancel code the second option will not solve your problem ( pincode remains the same as old )

Here in your case the ISP is the culprit ( Me too from an tataplay ISP from Kerala region)
as they marked in your WO that the Work has been completed ( you also shared the code on tv without any hesitation)

Here the ISP should have marked your WO as "Customer self relocated " with the resolution code so the system will update your address with nessesery changes without any charges towards the Work order you raised

Now I can advise you what to do next. Raise again a Request for the amount debited saying that the relocation was done by your self not by tataplay technician

Back
Top Bottom