DTH updates Tata Play Smart Games | 22nd February 2023 | Jingalala Wednesday offer

Seriously, cable looks more attractive these days. Atleast you got local channels airing different movies for free.

Everything has plus points and downsides. Many Cable TV viewers face various other issues be it even basic things like changing packs or choosing channels of their choice via cable operator / LCO or app or even not getting all audio feeds on channels which provide this option or other transmission related issues. This is just an example Cable TV viewers can list out many such issues whereas in DTH overall service quality is lot better.

Everything has plus points and downsides. Many Cable TV viewers face various other issues be it even basic things like changing packs or choosing channels of their choice via cable operator / LCO or app or even not getting all audio feeds on channels which provide this option or other transmission related issues. This is just an example Cable TV viewers can list out many such issues whereas in DTH overall service quality is lot better.
Big MSOs has everything bro. My old GTPL connection had almost all channels including HD ones. They got all audio feeds and lots of local channels too. Sadly my LCO sold his business which converted our connection into ACC-Siti.

Big MSOs has everything bro. My old GTPL connection had almost all channels including HD ones. They got all audio feeds and lots of local channels too. Sadly my LCO sold his business which converted our connection into ACC-Siti.

I am sure buddy some MSO and even their local affiliates would be providing good service but this again differs from region to region. My cousin used DEN Cable and i myself saw that not only there was issue of not getting all audio feeds on concerned channels but even host of other issues.

Also as i have understood that DTH operators have lot more expenditures and compared to Cable TV...even leasing a single transponder is too costly and then add to the power needed continuously to uplink the signals and host of other such infrastructural spends. Also i believe DTH operators pay 8% licence fee while Cable TV operators do not have to pay the same.

Now u must have also noticed that in local movie, music etc. channels on Cable TV there r various banner ads and even regular which are run and it generates huge amount of revenue. As per rules i believe banner ads are not allowed bcoz i think in late 2000s government had come out with rule that disallowed running of such ads on local movie, music or other channels which r made available on cable or DTH platforms. On the other side DTH Platforms cannot even run regular ads on such service channels let alone banner ads thus again losing out on revenue as compared to Cable TV.

Lastly many MSO's have their own parent companies which r also broadcasters and hence maybe these MSO's can enter into discounted content syndication agreements with such broadcasters and get to run such service channels wit somewhat less investment, same is the case with few DTH Platforms but still it would require expenditure but DTH Platforms do not have above mentioned additional revenue streams to support and absorb such extra spends and if they do take such initiatives by adjusting revenue earned through other modee then again it may result in reduction of profit/widening of loss/ cutting down on other important things. Also if DTH operators sign such pacts then it would have to be an All India basis financial deal while Cable Operators / MSO can sign bollywood movie agreement for specific regions and for south india they can enter into agreement for just south indian movies for its service channels bcoz they operate from multiple headends across the country

Anyways point is that DTH still is a good option if one wants overall good service quality , one needs to choose the operator ad per his or her requirements. If ur area MSO provides services which match up with DTH Platforms then surely u can opt for Cable TV

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock