• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,020
  • Views Views: Views 152,716
Gssran said:
they are not changing the polarity of old Tp's,
These are new Tp from gsat 10,
Like 11010 H from insat 4 A,
11010 V from Gsat 10.

thank you...but otherwise also capacity increases, right with polarity change? How that happens?

shiwesh said:
thank you...but otherwise also capacity increases, right with polarity change? How that happens?
No changes in capacity bro, becoz both sattelites have 36 MHz Tp's.

but bro i think Tata Sky can Increase the capacity of GSAT - 10 tps more then INSAT-4a as its newly launched satellite so they can Increase FEC and SR more :k

but what if tata sky using both at same time then capacity will get double :skd

Rushil.D said:
but bro i think Tata Sky can Increase the capacity of GSAT - 10 tps more then INSAT-4a as its newly launched satellite so they can Increase FEC and SR more :k

expect 90 additional channel with 3 hd ...

Rushil.D said:

But according to Mr Nagpal they are upgrading to better compression to increase capacity :u

now i more tp in stb searching ...

Photo0611.jpg

Sarkar said:
But according to Mr Nagpal they are upgrading to better compression to increase capacity :u

From my interpretation the statement given by him is just to explain a layman. Tata sky is not going to any new compression technology (and even if it going then what is means is same old mpeg-4 which we already know) but migrating to new satellite or changing polarity...new compression technology cannot result in signal loss unless you are playing with polarity or changing the satellite itself...but to give media statement he has simply put the facts that way...

Media statements are sometimes strange...for example yesterday's talk of 50HD channels in ADTV...do you see any coherence between saying "12 channels will be added soon" and "HD channels count will be 50 shortly"? first of all I am not sure if we are even close to having 50 HD channels available in India and secondly, adding 12 channels and reaching from 25 to 50 HD count...has no coherence...

Back
Top Bottom