Discussion Tata Sky intentionally not adding new channels to promote their own services!?

Again the Gossip spreading by adding DD NEWS HD and by not adding DD National HD is that of the LCN rearrangement issue. By adding DD National HD the Technical Team either have to shift T|S Shorts TV HD+SD to other Lcns but that cannot be done before completion of 1 Year of adding T|S Shorts TV as they signed exxclusite 1 Year Deal to provide T|S Shorts TV on same LCN but they can easily move DD National to nearest LCN ( 104/105/106)along with HD Feed. But then why there is no response from the backend team? No Body knows......
I never knew that the external provider of the service can ask the DTH provider to keep its channels at a particular fixed LCN! :skd: :skd: Perhaps it is because DD National HD, unlike DD News HD, did not broadcast in full HD when TS added it in April 2017, so it was removed after only 20 days.

Last edited:
Any exclusive deal is illegal post TRAI rule.
People should escalate the matter and make noise on social media so that relevant authorities take note of this
Post New TRAI Order if a Specific and Exxclusive deal is illegal then many DPOS are doing that openly.

Few Examples:-
1.Sun Direct signed Exxclusive Deal for the followings-
A) Bangla Talkies
B) Baisakhi TV
Also added to this SD signed an Exxclusive Contract with SIPL to provide Star Sports 1 Bangla on their platform for 15 days from the Launch date. After 15 days SS1 Bangla was made available on Tata|sky and later on ADTV. Till Dish-D2h pending to add SS1 Bangla.
Till date one Gemini HD channel is exxclusive to SD.

2. Dish-D2h signed exxclusive deal with RK News Bangla for 21 days but surprisingly never added on D2h. After 21 days now this channel is on T|S board.

3.Airtel signed exxclusive deal with IndiaCast for
A) Colors Bangla Cinema for (?) time period. Almost 2 & 1/2 months are over and till the deal is not over. So not in place to add in other platforms.
B) Recently added ZEE Classic super exxclusively for
(?) time period and hence it is still not available
with any other DTH and Cable TV platforms.

So whom to blame and who to raise the voice to TRAI?

I never knew that the external provider of the service can ask the DTH provider to keep its channels at a particular fixed LCN! :skd: :skd: Perhaps it is because DD National HD, unlike DD News HD, did not broadcast in full HD when TS added it in April 2017, so it was removed after only 20 days.
When Tata|sky signed and fixed a Special Deal with Shorts TV Exhibition & Distribution House the Company then asked T|S to distribute Shorts TV in a deeper penetrative Slot so Subscribers can easily find -figure out- subscribe easily. And for that they offer a huge discounted Bonus on Subscription. So T|S back end Technical team decided to place it GEC beginning slot and in between T|S Promo & Service Slots (LCN 103 to 113) to fulfill the Conditions and thus Shorts TV HD+SD Version placed with LCN 112 & 113.

Nowadays if you find in DDFD MPEG4 STBs then you will observe that DD National HD is broadcasting almost all its Content in HD 16:9 Format exceptionally the Old Programs are till on Non HD format. Film Based Shows-Daily Feature Films- Serials all are now gradually in True HD base. And for that you can observe that nowadays the PQ + AQ of DD National SD also improved a lot.
And for FTA +Basic slot T|S should provide DD National HD to its viewers as it is Fta and T|S is not counting DD HD channels in Channel Counts for NCF
(Example:- DD NEWS HD is Fta + Out of Channel Counts without NCF in T|S )

Bro one suggestion Do not need to tell most of the thread, that you like Airtel, Airtel best. Sometime its look like spam or irritating. I also like Airtel, thats why last 6 years I only use it. But thats not mean every time I said Airtel best, I like Airtel etc. As a fellow forum member,its my suggestion.

Thanks Riddhiman bro for pointing this out, all this time I was feeling the same. Then I felt Ok it might just be me who felt that. But glad that you and members who liked your post felt the same. It is indeed very very ANNOYING to repeatedly read posts bringing down TataSky and promoting airtel in every available opportunity.

On Topic : I agree with the agsworld bro, I was wondering why these channels were not added yet. But this does make sense with the points mentioned. TataSky should stop these silly corporate games and start adding the pending channels & maintain their reputation of adding all new channels soon, which is one of the main reasons people like me moved from airtel dth to TataSky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock