• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums - an online community for the television and tech enthusiasts!

Please Login or Register yourself to ask a question, participate in a discussion.

Article Tata Sky: No need for location trackers in Set top box or new KYC rules

Anish Pai

Dream Legend
Reaction score
What is TRAI upto ???

If they want to act on illegal connection being used outside India I don't know of this GPS thing is good or not

Ankit Jain

Dream Shine
Reaction score
I strongly agree with Tatasky. Just to protect a few crores of the companies they are planning to risk privacy of all the customers. I mean if this happens then we will be in digital jail wherein we will be monitored for staying in our own house.

Also there are scenarios wherein if we move from one place to another then we tend to find the existing person using same dth connection. Then we just swap our STB and change the dishes so that we can save few bucks. But this move will force all users to pay for delocation and relocation which will just increase the amount paid by us.

venky

Dream Shine
Reaction score
Support every DPO who is against this. Digital surveillance is fine up to mobiles and internet, but not to TVs where someone simply tracks here are you and what you watch.

(Mods: Feel like all these threads should be better merged to a single one, like the main thread so that effective discussion will happen. Don't want to run around on each thread and comment on to express thoughts :) )

Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock