tatasky removed 4k channels

• Thread starter jpja
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 41
  • Views: Views 6,368
Shadow said:
did they have 2. 4K channels in tp or a single channel in 2 lcns??

2 4K data channels in TP for non 4K boxes.

2 4K video channels in TP for 4K boxes.

All of them are still available in the TP I believe.

I will check tonight if the channels are removed from 4K STB as well.

Keanu_in said:
So more space freed for HD channel :) , I think 1 UHD = 3 HD space? not sure

Channels not yet removed from TP, so space has not been freed. Anyway I believe the 4K channel will be added back sometime later.

Message received today by SMS:

"Due to unavailability of 4k content or events, Tata Sky will temporarily discontinue transmission of the 4K service & will resume once content is available"

4K channel SS:

Guess TS got tired of recycling the same 4K content over and over every day!!

Hope some broadcaster will launch UHD ch in near future, in the meantime they could run showcase in UHD

Sarkar said:
Hope some broadcaster will launch UHD ch in near future, in the meantime they could run showcase in UHD

The easiest would be to get content from Travel XP which is supposed to be shooting all its new content in 4K. But no, TS has panga with Travel XP! So no Travel XP HD, no Travel XP UHD.

Looks like a lame excuse to remove the channnel :(
If they are committed to running this channel, they would have got content...

As far as i remember both ST and d2h said during the launch of their 4k STBs ''4K channel will be available upon live events like Cricket world cup or Olympics, and may in future when there will be 4k channels become available''.

If you are repeating the same content in your 4k channel that is also cheating if you say so. Like videocon 3d channel in the past. So i hope TS will add some HD channels in the space ASAP.

So that's the reason Airtel has not launched 4K Service during ICC WC 2015....
So they are well planned and alerted in that time itself....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock