TEN SPORTS TO TELECAST WWE " LIVE" w.e.f January 2015

Dreamliner787

Reaction score
New Delhi, 12th September 2014. Taj TV Limited and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) have reached a new agreement starting January 2015 which will see WWE available exclusively on Ten Sports Network for a further five years till 2019. WWE has enjoyed enormous success on the Ten Sports network, having been broadcast on Ten Sports since the launch of the channel in 2002.

‘RAW’ and ‘Smackdown’, established flagship shows of WWE will air on prime time for Indian audiences featuring top superstars. WWE Show ‘NXT’ which brings the best action from the rising WWE Superstars and Total Divas, a WWE reality show will also be broadcast on the Ten Sports network. Ten Sports will also offer these flagship shows in new shorter versions including a customized 1 hour ‘RAW’ programme with a local flavor tailor-made for the Indian audience. WWE Monthly Specials including Wrestlemania, SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series etc. have gained extreme popularity among viewers in India with high viewership numbers and increased viewer interaction & engagement across platforms. These specials along with the weekly ‘RAW’ show will for the first time be carried LIVE in India on the Ten Sports Network. Popular WWE show ‘Main Event’, which airs in the USA, will also debut in India on the Ten Sports Network as part of this new partnership agreement between Ten Sports network and WWE.

On acquiring the most sought after property in this genre, Rajesh Sethi, CEO, Ten Sports said, “We are very delighted to extend our long standing successful partnership with WWE for the Indian Subcontinent.WWE Shows are enormously popular in the region and WWE broadcasts are synonymous with the Ten Sports Network having been broadcasted on our channels since 2002.With this new deal till 2019, we promise to offer more hi-quality entertainment andbreakthrough programming and engagement opportunities for fans.”

The agreement marks another major coup for Ten Sports Network who recently announced major acquisitions including UEFA Champions League & UEFA Europa League Rights, Commonwealth Games 2018, English Football Rights, German Cup amongst others.

Rajesh Sethi, CEO, Ten Sports, said, “We have the key building blocks in place to consolidate our position as a leading sports network in the sub-continent and we are confident of increasing our market share in times to come. With the retention of WWE rights, we are well on the path to achieve and exceed our planned success.”

This is great news... I remember d days, where STAR used to show, WWE programming with 4 weeks delay :wall

This is really awesome news for die hard WWE fans.... U cant see me !! :p

Finally I won't need to subscribe for pay per view on my etisalat elife cable for AD Sports HD pay per View to watch WWE special Events Live. Really a great news for WWE fans but they have to stay awake late night to watch WWE live has live the telecast's mostly starts late night around 4 or 5 am in the mornings :eek:hya

DishHD said:
Finally I won't need to subscribe for pay per view on my etisalat elife cable for AD Sports HD pay per View to watch WWE special Events Live. Really a great news for WWE fans but they have to stay awake late night to watch WWE live has live the telecast's mostly starts late night around 4 or 5 am in the mornings :eek:hya

so thats gud news for u too :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock