The Censor Board has issued a list of words that won’t be allowed in films

• Thread starter wewake
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 23
  • Views: Views 3,446
Anurag Kashyap against the ban of cuss words imposed by Censor Board chief Pahlaj Nihalani

The new set of guidelines issued by the Censor Board chief Pahlaj Nihalani has baffled not only fans, but also the filmmakers. The ban on cuss words, bloodshed and violence against women has clearly been disapproved by many prominent filmmakers, as many consider it regressive. While the Censor Board chief has said that these are not his guidelines but of the board, we hear that Indian government might interfere on Censor Board’s much talked about list.

Reports claim that a group of filmmakers are planning to meet Union Minister of State, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, discussing on the ban of cuss words from films, on February 25. Apparently Anurag Kashyap and Union Minister of State for Urban Development, Babul Supriyo met Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore recently regarding the Censor Board’s list.

“I am against censorship of any kind. The meeting with the minister went off well and for the first time, I feel that we have been able to bridge the gap between the government and the film industry”, said Anurag Kashyap after the meeting. The steps taken by the B-town filmmakers against this unwarranted censorship is commendable and we hope that Indian Government overrules the nonsensical ban on cuss boards by Pahlaj Nihalani

wewake said:
Anurag Kashyap against the ban of cuss words imposed by Censor Board chief Pahlaj Nihalani

The new set of guidelines issued by the Censor Board chief Pahlaj Nihalani has baffled not only fans, but also the filmmakers. The ban on cuss words, bloodshed and violence against women has clearly been disapproved by many prominent filmmakers, as many consider it regressive. While the Censor Board chief has said that these are not his guidelines but of the board, we hear that Indian government might interfere on Censor Board’s much talked about list.

Reports claim that a group of filmmakers are planning to meet Union Minister of State, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, discussing on the ban of cuss words from films, on February 25. Apparently Anurag Kashyap and Union Minister of State for Urban Development, Babul Supriyo met Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore recently regarding the Censor Board’s list.

“I am against censorship of any kind. The meeting with the minister went off well and for the first time, I feel that we have been able to bridge the gap between the government and the film industry”, said Anurag Kashyap after the meeting. The steps taken by the B-town filmmakers against this unwarranted censorship is commendable and we hope that Indian Government overrules the nonsensical ban on cuss boards by Pahlaj Nihalani

Absolutely, just like nobody is forcing people to watch what they dont like similarly how can you restrict art. It has many forms of expression all forms should be allowed and left to audience to choose.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock