TS says 9XO is being discontinued by the broadcaster.

I'm guessing there had been some kind of previous quarrel among 9XO and TS, because 9XO channel is carried by Insat 4A, which literally gives service to TS. So, Tata Sky's logic of not adding 9XO is still quiet not adding up properly.
I think Star doesn't want competition for their garbage music channel Nat Geo Music which airs same music everyday since 2013. And Vh1 is not a full time English music channel.

Last edited:
9XO is the only reason most of my friends are using Airtel. I also upgraded from analogue to digital cable for 9XO only. Back when bandwidth was expensive.

Don't know whats the reason as other hindi/regional channels from 9x media are available but when it comes to 9XO it is opposite.Problem is that the english music channels are not available on all Dth.9XO is best among the lot but its distribution is pathetic.

I think Star doesn't want competition for their garbage music channel Nat Geo Music which airs same music everyday since 2013. And Vh1 is not a full time English music channel.
I guess that might be the case. But must say Nat Geo Music shouldn't even be considered a music channel now, literally they air Bow Wow, Lil' Twist & a select few artist on repeat as you said earlier. They are like we don't want to spend any more but we still want to make them monies.. :ROFLMAO:

That's fake news. 9xO was discontinued by TS as broadcaster was not paying to TS (something that happened with Sony channels). And 9xO team is also not interested in coming back to TS only English Songs option to us is VH1.

If Star has competition with 9XO that's why blocking then what about Zee ? Why is Zee blocking 9XO ?
Zee never cared about premium audience. But Tata Sky does. Also for your kind information I get 9XO on SITI Cable in both Kolkata and Guwahati which is also owned by Zee.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock