Discussion TV rights of MCU's movies in India

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay, so last night while selecting TV channels for the month. I came to realise no single network owns rights to all the Marvel Movies. If Star Network has rights to Avengers, Movies Now has Iron Man. If I am not wrong other networks like Sony, Zee and UTV does have rights to some movies too. In this thread please add the movie rights of MCU in India.

It depends on the distribution company.Movies Now, Star,Sony owns MCU movies. Among them Star holds more rights I think.In recent 3 or 4 years, Even before Disney's Fox acquisition, Star became dominant in buying MCU movies.Now Star is a part of Disney and it seems Star Movies will be the exclusive partner of MCU movies in India(except some movies like Spiderman).I don't know whether Zee owns any Marvel movie rights or not. Its just a temporary contract I think since movies broadcasted by &flix is also seen in the other 3.

Last edited:
Okay, so last night while selecting TV channels for the month. I came to realise no single network owns rights to all the Marvel Movies. If Star Network has rights to Avengers, Movies Now has Iron Man. If I am not wrong other networks like Sony, Zee and UTV does have rights to some movies too. In this thread please add the movie rights of MCU in India.
Officially it's Star India with the rights of movies in phase 3 of MCU. The other phases are between other networks

It depends on the distribution company.Movies Now, Star,Sony owns MCU movies. Among them Star holds more rights I think.In recent 3 or 4 years, Even before Disney's Fox acquisition, Star became dominant in buying MCU movies.Now Star is a part of Disney and it seems Star Movies will be the exclusive partner of MCU movies in India(except some movies like Spiderman).I don't know whether Zee owns any Marvel movie rights or not. Its just a temporary contract I think since movies broadcasted by &flix is also seen in the other 3.
That was my point bro. If you see any Marvel movie airing on TV. Just post about the broadcaster in this thread.

List of Movies and broadcasters
Iron Man - Movies Now
Incredible Hulk - Sony Pix
Captain America First Avenger - Star Movies / Movies Now
Thor - Star Movies / Movies Now
The Avengers - Star Movies / Movies Now
Iron Man 2 - Movies Now
Iron Man 3 - Movie Now
Thor The Dark World - Sony Pix
Thor Ragnarok - Star Movies
GOTG Vol 1 - &Flix
GOTG Vol 2 - Star Movies
Ant Man - Movies Now
Doctor Strange - Star Movies / Movies Now
Captain America The Winter Solder - Star Movies / &Flix / Sony Pix
Captain America Civil War - Star Movies / Movies Now
Spiderman Homecomming - &Flix
Avengers Age of Ultron - &Flix
Black Panther - Star Movies
Avengers Infinity War - Star Movies
Ant Man and The Wasp - Star Movies (Promotion)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock