Updates:- MHA denies permission to Sun Network channels, shut down imminent?

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 129
  • Views: Views 13,422
RE: MHA denies permission to Sun Network channels, shut down imminent?

Rushil.D said:
Is Kalanlthi Maran is Corrupted person ? :huh :wall

in my view all r corrupted only.....some identified...some vice versa...

If all Sun network chnls shutting down means wat is the use of sun direct dth :huh :s :p

its only my assumption...if all sun network channel shut down means soon sun tv network announce that they r no more a satellite channel and we will be exclusively available in sun direct as a part of service channels like cinema club services...their was a chance for this...its only my assumption

If they shut down and give all their movies to Vijay TV, then it will be awesome !!

TechFreak said:
If they shut down and give all their movies to Vijay TV, then it will be awesome !!

instead of giving to vijaytv they should give to puthuyugam,makkal,megatv,vasanth,win,imayam,polimer,captain,vendar...but definitely not to vijay

Sun TV channels denied security clearance

NEW DELHI: The union home
ministry has refused security
clearance to 33 TV channels of the
Kalanithi Maran-run Sun TV group.
This is the second jolt to the group
this year as the home ministry
earlier denied clearance to 40 radio
channels of the company. Top MHA
officials confirmed the development
to TOI, adding that communication
about the decision had been sent to
the ministry of Information and
broadcasting.
It's unlikely that the channels will
go off air. A decision on whether to
seek a review or suspend the group's
licenses will be taken by I&B
minister Arun Jaitley. Sources say
the government's decision could be
challenged in court and a temporary
stay given on the proceedings.
MHA's decision to decline security
clearance was taken after considering
three pending cases — the Aircel-
Maxis deal in which Kalanithi Maran,
nephew of DMK patriarch M
Karunanidhi, his brother Dayanidhi
Maran and Sun TV have been
chargesheeted by the CBI; the
Enforcement Directorate's money
laundering probe against the group;
and another enquiry related to BSNL
telephone lines run from Sun TV
offices.

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Sun-TV-channels-denied-security-clearance/articleshow/47571206.cms

I don't think the sun channels will go off air! Not acceptable!

They are operating 33 chnls, definitely some solution will be found out ! :k

but i think only 32 channels..Tamil 8..Telugu 8..Malayalam 5...Kannada 7..Hd 4..Total 32

MHA queers the pitch for Maran’s Sun TV Network, denies security clearance

The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has rejected the security clearance of Sun TV Network’s television channels, thereby putting a question mark on the existence of one of India’s most profitable TV network.

The security clearance has been denied in view of the three pending criminal investigations against Sun TV and its owner Kalanithi Maran, namely the Aircel–Maxis deal, money laundering, and illegal telephone exchange.

The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has received this communication from the MHA. I&B officials will put up the details before the I&B minister Arun Jaitley.

Once the licences are cancelled, the company will have to shut its channels unless the government’s move is challenged in the courts.

However, Sun Group is sure to move the courts, as it has done earlier to safeguard its FM radio and cable TV businesses. It is pertinent to note that security clearance from MHA is crucial for getting or renewing a licence.

Earlier, the MHA had denied security clearance to Kal Radio and South Asia FM that operate 45 FM radio stations under Suryan FM and Red FM brands. Subsequently, Jaitley wrote to the MHA to review its decision.

However, the latter refused to entertain his demand. The company moved the Madras High Court and a got a relief against the MHA decision till the disposal of the matter.

Similarly, the MHA had denied security clearance to the Sun Group’s cable TV arm Kal Cables (SCV), leading to the cancellation of its licence.

The decision was also challenged by Kal Cables in the Madras HC, which set aside the cancellation order and allowed the multi-system operator (MSO) to continue its operations.

Questioning the MIB’s rationale for cancelling the registration, the bench had observed that if Kal’s registration was cancelled due to alleged activities of the promoters, then on what grounds the licences of Sun TV Network, which has the same promoters, should be revoked particularly since the role of an MSO is limited and smaller than that of a commercial television channel.

Sun TV Network owns and operates 33 TV channels in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam with a reach of more than 95 million households in India.

Read more at:

http://www.televisionpost.com/television/mha-queers-the-pitch-for-marans-sun-tv-network-denies-security-clearance/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock