Urmila Matondkar is RGV’s surprise package

Reaction score
The filmmaker's Rangeela lady is back to add colour to his next venture It's Not A Love Story by unveiling the song originally picturised on her
Urmila Matondkar and Ram Gopal Varma have joined hands yet again. This time for a press conference.

The filmmaker and the actress who were alleged to be romantically involved in the mid nineties, had a fallout when another upcoming actress snatched the spotlight away from Urmila.

The two had however, denied all such allegations repeatedly. The actress even did an item number for the box office dud Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag in 2007. Her Mehbooba Mehbooba act in the film was probably the only respite. 2011, and the actress is back by Ramu's side to unveil a song for his upcoming venture It's Not A Love Story starring Mahie Gill.

The filmmaker who is keeping the shock factor alive at every step of his new venture starting from the very storyline being that of the brutal murder of Neeraj Grover, has decided to bring in the Urmila factor for the next stage. Ram Gopal Varma, who acquired the rights to the Ho Jaa Rangeela Re song from his own directorial venture Rangeela for It's Not A Love Story, seems to have gone back to the original Rangeela girl to launch it in Delhi on the 19th of this month. In fact, Urmila will be the surprise package of the event. Said a source, Ramu has come up with the unthinkable.

He has brought in Urmila Matondkar on whom the song was picturised in the first place to unveil it in Delhi.

Urmila standing by Ramu's side, needless to say will create enough buzz to ensure a high percentage of media eyeballs. After all, the actress who was an integral part of RGV creations, starting with Rangeela in 1995, had sparked off a lot of rumours about their off-screen liaison. She worked with the filmmaker in many films including, Daud, Satya, Mast, Kaun, Jungle and Bhoot.

However, the actress had always denied being involved with RGV in anyway apart from being an actress in his films. She had once told the media, Just because two individuals work closely and well it doesn't mean their rapport should be subject to constant scrutiny.

The actress had also denied rumours of the personal fallout affecting their professional alliance, saying, And those who keep harping on why I'm not working with Varma, let me remind them even when they were harping on us not working together we did Ek Hasina Thi.

Ramu had denied the rumours too. In a media interview, the filmmaker had said, I cast her when she wasn't doing too well in her career, so people jumped to the conclusion that it was because we were having an affair.

Urmila has major issues when Ramu started showering all his attention on Antara. Urmila walked out of RGV camp, said a source and added hopefully, This time, let's hope that Urmila and Ramu's patch up is a permanent thing and not just for the press conference.

When contacted, Ramu denied the news outright. However, Sunil Bohra, the producer of the film said, Yes, we are unveiling the song on the 19th in Delhi. But I am not aware of Urmila doing the honours. Ramuji is the right person to comment.

Well, it's supposed to be a surprise package, after all.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Urmila-Matondkar-is-RGVs-surprise-package/articleshow/9108755.cms

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock