"VH1 SD & Comedy Central SD" Started From IS20

• Thread starter Gssran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 1,773
MSK786 said:
Forward means you want 4k now :huh

If they're not ready for 4k, no need. But why launch sd now? I think its time to make hd as the standard, and the dth and digital cable tv operators can give customers an option in set top box remote to downscale to sd if not having hdtv... What do you say?

Only point comes to mind is ads factor in relaunch of ad feeds,
Else no point in all this,
Still most of India use SD boxes,
So they don't want to show much ads in he channels to disturb HD users,
As the most the people will think if we see these much ads on HD then what's the point in spending more money in HD feeds,
People like me prefer HD feeds because of less ads too.

Agreed. That's the strategy most TV channels follow. Now a days HD channels like Star Movies HD, Ngc HD play ads considerably equivalent to the SD feed. Irritating to watch...

Gssran said:
Only point comes to mind is ads factor in relaunch of ad feeds,
Else no point in all this,
Still most of India use SD boxes,
So they don't want to show much ads in he channels to disturb HD users,
As the most the people will think if we see these much ads on HD then what's the point in spending more money in HD feeds,
People like me prefer HD feeds because of less ads too.

But what about the mirror feed channels which show same thing in sd and hd, especially gec channels? They show same ads and same content on both channels.... Actually nowadays, except the hollywood movie channels, hd channels show almost same ads as sd channels..

I think that Govt. must give a deadline of about a year for all paid channels to upgrade to hd such that after the deadline, if they want to continue the sd versions of their channels they would become fta channels, and new paid channels after deadline will be given hd permission only.. Also, dth and digicable software should compulsorily allow customers to set picture resolution of their choice...

And for fta channels, maybe a 4-5 year deadline for hd upgrade...

What do you think? De-SD-tization?

Tha.RP8 said:
But what about the mirror feed channels which show same thing in sd and hd, especially gec channels? They show same ads and same content on both channels.... Actually nowadays, except the hollywood movie channels, hd channels show almost same ads as sd channels..

I think that Govt. must give a deadline of about a year for all paid channels to upgrade to hd such that after the deadline, if they want to continue the sd versions of their channels they would become fta channels, and new paid channels after deadline will be given hd permission only.. Also, dth and digicable software should compulsorily allow customers to set picture resolution of their choice...

And for fta channels, maybe a 4-5 year deadline for hd upgrade...

What do you think? De-SD-tization?
I don't think it's possible until 60-70% people not start using HD boxes,
I given last reply as my view only,
I prefer HD because of less ads not purely because of pq.
Because of same ads issues HBO Hits HD & Defined HD shut down.
Channels can't survive only on subscription,
Ads are main source of income.

But nowadays other than movie channels, all hd channels have same ads as sd channels.

Tha.RP8 said:
But nowadays other than movie channels, all hd channels have same ads as sd channels.
& I watch movies/Sports mostly.

First M tunes Now Vh1 & Comedy Central hope broadcaster also launch Travel xp & History tv18 separate Sd feed.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock