Videocon HD or Sun Direct HD for Tamil Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter utsc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 9
  • Views Views: Views 7,165

utsc

Reaction score
I primarily watch South Indian (Tamil) & sports channels. I used to have Videocon before but I observe that Videocon has been steadly increasing the package prices in the last one year.

Advantage of Sun Direct
Cheaper HD packages
Free USB recording

Dis Advantage of Sun Direct
Low quality STB ?
Very bad remote with a range of only 5 feet
Low signal strength ?

Advantage of Videocon
Better picture quality
Better quality STB
Radio Frequency Remote
More channels?

Dis Advantage of Videocon
Getting more expensive
Expensive HD packages
Monthly fee to use USB recording

Any other advantages or disadvantages based on your experience

What do you people think? Is it better to get Sun Direct HD STB

Don't know about the factors your mentioned.

If you want more Tamil channels go with Videocon D2H. May be you can refer the chart in the below thread for comparing the availability of Tamil channels across DTH.

Link Removed

Just updated this chart and noticed you were asking this query. So that I am suggesting you. But it is up to you to go through the other factors you mentioned and select based on your requirement. But still, I suggest you to go with D2H.

Sadiq bro price also matters. Tamil channels if all taken together is costly in D2H compared to Sun. Do u agree bro ?

As far as number of channels concerned, D2H is best. When it comes to Quality, ADTV is better

Bishnu15 said:
Sadiq bro price also matters. Tamil channels if all taken together is costly in D2H compared to Sun. Do u agree bro ?

I am not sure about Sun Direct Pricing. Could you please let me know the price for subscribing all Tamil channels available in Sun Direct along with all the 4 Sun HD channels? After that I will compare it with the price of D2H. Right now at office. So, once you provided the details, I will do the comparison tonight.

Sadiq said:
I am not sure about Sun Direct Pricing. Could you please let me know the price for subscribing all Tamil channels available in Sun Direct along with all the 4 Sun HD channels? After that I will compare it with the price of D2H. Right now at office. So, once you provided the details, I will do the comparison tonight.

Tamil World Pack @ RS 370 + Thanthi TV add on @ RS 8 p.m. all tamil chs. :) Also HD.

Bishnu15 said:
Tamil World Pack @ RS 370 + Thanthi TV add on @ RS 8 p.m. all tamil chs. :) Also HD.

In Videocon D2H, to avail all Tamil SD and HD channels, we have to spend Rs.280 only.

South Silver Pack - Rs.180
South HD Access Fee - Rs.100

Total - Rs.280

No. of Tamil SD Channels - 34 (Jaya channels are free for Tamil Nadu customer)
No. of Tamil HD Channels - 3 (you will also get Gemini TV HD)
Total Tamil Channels - 37

If you can spend another Rs.50, you will get 8 more ROI HD channels as well.

If you are an ROI customer, go with the below option.

Super Gold - Rs. 231
Any two language South Add on - Rs.51
Sun HD A-la-Carte - Rs.51
K TV HD A-la-Carte - Rs.51
Sun Music HD A-la-Carte - Rs.34

Total - Rs.418

Back
Top Bottom