• Views: Views 35,496
RE: Vijay's kaththi -This Diwali 22 Oct

people said:
h1Ix97W.jpg

Bro,neenga Madurai ya???

I think he is from Coimbatore..

In Madurai also, there is a theatre Mini Priya that's why I asked....

sundaresh said:
In Madurai also, there is a theatre Mini Priya that's why I asked....

I shared my friends tickets they are in madurai,i am in coimbatore only. :)

7e1MTtL.jpg

QCwIO0Y.jpg

usmNdgU.jpg

WtrqEW6.jpg

MMIieG5.jpg

TQRoGAg.jpg

H4AuOq7.jpg

Just taken from FB
cdpZKhw.jpg

when will they start to allow booking for this movie, I do not see any site which allows me to do

only tickets distribution available on theaters.

Theaters showing Kaththi in Chennai got attacked.

CHENNAI: Uncertainty shrouds the Diwali release of actor Vijay's Kathi in Tamil Nadu.

Vandals, allegedly belonging to pro Tamil groups targeted Satyam Cinemas, a popular multiplex in Chennai before it was to commence online booking for the controversial film. An unidentified group allegedly broke glass panes and threw crude kerosene bombs inside the complex. However no one was injured.

Pro Tamil groups have been opposing the release of the film alleging that its producers, Lyca Productions have close business ties with Sri Lankan President Rajapaksa, seen as responsible for the killings of several thousand Sri Lankan Tamil civilians allegedly by his army during the final phase of the war against the LTTE. The producers however have denied the allegation.

Prior to the vandalism, the producers had claimed in a statement that the issue had been sorted and bookings were to begin the following day. A source said "Lyca's logo or name would not be shown as per the understanding."

However a senior member of the Tamil Nadu Theatre Owners Association denied any such understanding. He said "There is no way we would screen this film. We have not cleared it. They are misleading. We can't take any risk. Let them show it on the streets."

Not long ago actor Kamal Haasan's film Viswaroopam faced opposition from Islamic groups alleging that some scenes would hurt their sentiments despite the film being given clearance by the film certification board. Some theatres that screened the film were vandalised. The government temporarily banned the film and allowed its screening only after some cuts were made.

An actor who did not want to be named said, "the state government and the Tamil Nadu police have surrendered before unknown violent groups. They should crackdown and ensure rule of law prevails but they tacitly support those who threaten freedom of expression, fearing a law and order problem."

This is the second consecutive film of actor Vijay that has run into rough water. His earlier film Thalaivaa too had faced opposition and was released two weeks after its launch in other states. Movie halls had then received bomb threats.

In Kathi (knife) Vijay plays two roles. A R Murugadoss has directed the film and Samantha is the lead actress. Anirudh Ravichander has scored the music.

b0sEzZ8.jpg

Chennai Theatre Vandalised for Screening Vijay's Controversial Film Kathi

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock