what is hd ? Answer here

Vikram

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

HD is defined primarily by video resolution, which is higher than traditional television broadcasts. It provides for between one and two million pixels per frame that is roughly five times that of standard definition television. However, high definition is not defined by only one set of specifications; it is instead a family of video characteristics. HD referred to a video signal that consisted of 720 horizontal lines from top to bottom and 1280 vertical lines from side to side. Compare this to the 480 horizontal lines you find on a conventional DVD movie. Obviously, the greater the number of lines of resolution, the greater is the amount of detail that can be captured and display. HD has now come to encompass one more resolution option: 1080 vertical lines and 1920 lines of horizontal resolution.
HD is also defined by the video frame rate—this includes 23.98, 24, 29.97, 30, 59.94, and 60 frames per second. The frame rate chosen depends upon the video standard used—either PAL or NTSC. Next, you will come across another video term—progressive scan or interlaced scan. This is referred to with either a ‘p’ or an ‘i’ respectively written after the numeric resolution value. Progressive scan implies that the video frame on your screen is created by sequentially ‘drawing’ one scan line after another. On the other hand, an interlaced picture is created by first drawing all even numbered lines, and then interleaving the odd numbered lines on the screen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Raju lal Article Do Asianet, Asianet News and Asianet Digital belong to the same owner? Here is the answer DreamDTH Articles Discussions 3
hike Discussion My experience at #ADayAtMix (My Questions there answer) Listen to my playlist on 10 Oct 8-9 pm on Sony MIX Social Chat 3
Endgame Weird Answer by CC on 3 Bengali HD Channels d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 7
R Kabali – what does this word mean? A South Indian journalist gives us the answer! South Indian Films 0
Dinesh jain India News to answer real estate queries in ‘Ghar Ek Sapna’ TV Channels News 0
Dileep Kumar Sell me the answer on Asianet to be launched on 22nd June TV Channels News 3
Adithya Vikram Sony Contest Update: Pachano Mujrim Kaun? Contest SMS CID<SPACE><ANSWER>(A/B/C/D) TO TV Shows & Programs 1
A ADTV query answer needed Airtel Digital TV 12
Ë Some Answers that only Tata sky Tech team can Answer Tata Sky 2
V ceo's answer on channel addition Tata Sky 5
D plz answer Digital Cable TV 6
D who will rule in future-videocon d2h or tata sky? click and get the answer DTH Support & Comparisons 9
Bapun Raz Control room set up to answer digitalisation queries Read more: http://india.nydaily Digital Cable TV 0
IndianMascot Answer To Win a STB from Dish TV!! Dish TV 9
suri Direct answer and correct prize gift pics d2h HD 3
suri i won the Direct Answer Correct Prize on face book d2h (formerly Videocon d2h) 20
P Pls answer my question?? For all C Band & KU Band Reception 13
A REQUEST: Any weird answer from airtel presence Airtel Digital TV 4
mystic Answer this :) Social Chat 484
Neel Discussion DTH and Local cable Nostalgia|Post your experiences on DTH and Local Cable here General DTH News & Discussions 2
R Can any dealer make change online in my account here Sun Direct 4
D Seeking Help Any TATA SKY Technician or Dealer Owner Here? Tata Sky 2
DreamDTH.com Article Here is where you can buy a FTA STB to view DD Free Dish at no monthly subscription DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Discovery to simulcast Oprah Winfrey hosted “OWN Spotlight: Where Do We Go From Here?” at 5 PM today DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Colors Ki Funshala is here to take this summer blues away DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0