Discussion Which Hindi pay GEC has profited the most during the lockdown?

Which Hindi pay GEC has profited the most during the lockdown?

• Total voters

JollyLNB

News Columnist
Reaction score
Similar to @DJ Roy bro's posts I was also motivated to post something about how Hindi pay GECs are managing their lockdown schedules. We all know the spectacular success of Ramayan and Mahabharat on any channel that shows them (DD National, Star Plus, Dangal and Colors). But FTA channels have an upper hand anyway since they have a big following on DDFD.

Which of the Hindi pay GECs do you think has managed its schedule the best leading to maximum results? Not counting Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Sony Pal and Colors Rishtey since they were readded on DDFD recently, even though they are pay channels.

Voted for Sony and Zee. If I am not wrong Sony had like one extra week of fresh content. And Zee started to experiment with OTT content which unfortunately wasn't well recieved.

Here's why didn't voted for Star. You recycled Doordarshan strategy to benefit. And utilised rest of the slot with Savdhan India crap. It's not about ratings. Since advertising is at all time low. If you can't capitalise on experimenting with unique offering when users are hooked on to their tv sets in record numbers. You are wasting your precious time.

Last edited:
Similar to @DJ Roy bro's posts I was also motivated to post something about how Hindi pay GECs are managing their lockdown schedules. We all know the spectacular success of Ramayan and Mahabharat on any channel that shows them (DD National, Star Plus, Dangal and Colors). But FTA channels have an upper hand anyway since they have a big following on DDFD.

Which of the Hindi pay GECs do you think has managed its schedule the best leading to maximum results? Not counting Star Utsav, Zee Anmol, Sony Pal and Colors Rishtey since they were readded on DDFD recently, even though they are pay channels.
Sony Sab all the way according to my opinion. Classics like Office Office. Underrated shows like Sajan Re season 1 , Saat Pheron ki Hera Pheri and BDSAH are working the trick. Star Plus comes 2nd due to 2nd telecast of Ramayana. Zee besides Hum Paanch disappoints.

Sony Sab all the way according to my opinion. Classics like Office Office. Underrated shows like Sajan Re season 1 , Saat Pheron ki Hera Pheri and BDSAH are working the trick. Star Plus comes 2nd due to 2nd telecast of Ramayana. Zee besides Hum Paanch disappoints.
Have to agree that Zee has done very little in this regard. Besides Sony Sab, Sony has to be given some credit too for airing fan favourites like TKSS, BALH and KRPKAB.

Colors is all talk and not much action.

Last edited:
Do you really think because of ramayana they made profits?? I dont think so instead it added extra cost of aquiring rights.....without ramayana also with help of mahabharat star used to make higher numbers

Sony and Sab without any doubt. This lockdown is a testament that never ending soaps can be viewed only once in a lifetime.

Do you really think because of ramayana they made profits?? I dont think so instead it added extra cost of aquiring rights.....without ramayana also with help of mahabharat star used to make higher numbers
Star uses mythology shows to gain it. The new Mahabharata was a well made show plus the old Mahabharat is also airing simultaneously. Although Star has its positives personally I'm not a fan of mythological shows although people in India literally revere it

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock