Which is the most advanced future proof stb ?

Afaik there are very advanced stb in market but deu to cost indian dth provide cost affective stb. In Hd era tata sky stb are very good, provide online recording, mobile app and also future proof for unlimited recording via usb. If we see in sd era then tata sky is also most advanced with new stb[all stb will in mpeg4 soon].. Usb recording can be enable at any time via software update.

Videocon d2h new HD Set Top Box supports USB recording out of the box (single toner though) and is 3D capable. The remote works on RF rather than IR - so no need of line of sight. Also it has ethernet port which if used correctly can have endless possibilities. Stream content via internet, remote monitoring via app/web. Android based smart tv upgrades are already availabe in the market.

Videocon is part of the DDB (Digital Direct Broadcast) foundation. Through DDB technology you dont even need an STB. Your TV itself is future ready. On the AIR software upgrades, direct streaming via dth or internet, 3d and much more. AFAIK, only phillips and Videocon have DDB tv models in India. More on this here DDB : Digital Direct Broadcast Pack the TV with good hardware, then you can always get new features by a simple software upgrade, be it 4K support or any futuristic ideas.

DDB is related to TV sets,

Here we are discussing about stb,

By adding TV info in same post won't make d2h stab superior

4 Beta

Today d2h is going to launch 1tb hd stb. dont know abt any other new features, lets see. one more rumore once broke out that tata sky also reveal 1tb stb wid lots of attractive features like 3 channels recording together, internet access through stb etc...

in my view tatasky stbs are the future guaranteed

@off topic. tatasky is more promising company with future guaranteed

Friends according to Title : (Which is the most advanced future proof stb ?)

The worlds best HD STB is Dream-Box, Amiko aliegn , VU + and few more, So Full LINUX box + Having good support of Plugins with latest updates is the best and future proof as Dreambox till date.

Mostly friends are discussing about DTH Boxes so the Title should be changed.

Tech Info said:
I dont think there is any stb in the Indian market which is capable of ultra HD . But d2h stb supports 3d so i suggest it...

@Tech Info i did not said about present but about future and there are no Ultra Hd Stbs in India or in the all world but i said Ultra Hd 4k or 8k Resolution channels are the future of Tv. The topic itself says STB in future so in the future best stbs will be the one which will support 4k or 8k resolution channels not any 3d channels may b in 2 or 3 years you wont see either any 3d tv channel in the world except in 3d movies in Cinemas or Blurays. But it will take a long time in India for the 4k resolution channels to be launched has we are already struggling with normal 1080p full hd channel. But i am sure before 2020 we will get 4k resolution Indian Channels, where has now their are 1 or 2 4k resolution channels in all world currently in japan and europe that also just show a very limited content. And the first 4k resolution Sports channel will be launched in 2014 just before 2014 brazil fifa world cup.

v_srikanth961 said:
Videocon d2h new HD Set Top Box supports USB recording out of the box (single toner though) and is 3D capable. The remote works on RF rather than IR - so no need of line of sight. Also it has ethernet port which if used correctly can have endless possibilities. Stream content via internet, remote monitoring via app/web. Android based smart tv upgrades are already availabe in the market.

Videocon is part of the DDB (Digital Direct Broadcast) foundation. Through DDB technology you dont even need an STB. Your TV itself is future ready. On the AIR software upgrades, direct streaming via dth or internet, 3d and much more. AFAIK, only phillips and Videocon have DDB tv models in India. More on this here DDB : Digital Direct Broadcast Pack the TV with good hardware, then you can always get new features by a simple software upgrade, be it 4K support or any futuristic ideas.

are you know price of DDB TV?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock