Discussion Which sports events do you want broadcaster to pick-up?

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Let me come to the point. Monopoly in sports broadcasting is over. Gone are the days when Ligue 1, La Liga and Copa America Cup. We don't have to pick up on Star and Sony for major events. There is Viacom's Sports 18 who is aggressively picking up rights. So are Star and Sony to compete against the new entrant. Zee is also back in sports business after 7 years. Even Eurosport picks rights of most niche events they can. While 1Sport fills the void of Golf channel. Coming to the point. What are some events you want broadcasters and streamers to pick up?

Ligue 1 should pick by star sports
As this league all about psg matches
Star can show psg matches on select 1 hd not like Sports18 skip psg matchrs or made exclusively to hd only while their hd channel not present in most broadcaster.
Bundesliga also i want star to pick
They can use select 2 to show Bundesliga
Sony should pick premiere league they have 3 channel and timing clash also not a factor and most big premiere league clubs matchrs will be then also on hd not like star sports which for showing cricket highlights move football match into star sports 3 sd

La liga sports 18 and if sports18 make late to introduce their upcoming cahnnel then i also want serie a rights move to sony sports

Eurosports doing great with MLS and dutch league rights.

Lastly want Viacom should stop showing la liga matchrs on mtv let alone that channel

as far as cricket is concerned Sony sports network has max rights and to be frank they cant handle them its better they let go international cricketing rights and star or sports 18 (if they launch sports18 2 asap) should go for it.... its a crime as an Indian broadcasters and they dont show live cricket.....

I want Sports18 to air Bellator (Viacom's own property) and get NJPW rights before Wrestle Kingdom.

Sony should get boxing pay per views.

Eurosport should get Ring of Honor rights as they are already airing Ring of Honor rights.

Looking forward for Star to pick up Nidahas Trophy rights.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock