Why is Disney International HD kept out of broadcasters packs?

Why do you think Disney International HD isn't part of any bouquet?

• It doesn't have dubbed content in Tamil and Telugu. Also Hindi ofcourse. 😉

• Channel is planned to shutdown stating low ratings for a new Star Sports channels to replace it.

• Star employees forgot the existed of such channel.

• Existence of niche channel is considered crime on Indian TV.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bias Alert 🚨🚨🚨

Buddy, u raised a question and i answered u based actual facts / logical reasoning. There is nothing being anti or bias to anyone but just stating what is true. You are free to agree or disagree but that does not alter the reality.

I have already stated why Disney International HD has been made available only on standalone basis and even answered ur other queries. Please revert back with a valid counter argument rather than just indulging in name calling which really serves no purpose. Even i could have stated that u r being "Totally Anti Disney Star without any evident reason " as u r time and again raising the point of Star Sports Tamil & Telugu regional channels getting launched and regional sports channels for other languages not being launched even though me and some other members provided u a proper reasoning for it....some weeks earlier u were even saying that Disney-Star and Zee Hindi Movie Channels are at par in airing bollywood movies or repeating films when i myself gave u proof that Disney-Star Hindi Movie Channels bot only focus lot more than Zee on bollywood movies but even one can lot more variety of bollywood movies getting aired on disney-star hindi movie channels whereas zee hindi movie channels keep on repeating 30 or 40 odd bollywood films every week

mFNXbrK.gif

Let’s not have an argument here. Both of your points are valid. There are several areas in which Disney Star is definitely superior but there is also room for improvement. Some cricket fans appreciate that Star Sports mostly shows cricket all the time, so they will definitely prefer it to Sony Sports or the others. Most people on DDF including myself don’t share that sentiment.

Similarly the so-called emphasis on Tamil and Telugu is a result of those markets having far higher revenue and viewership than smaller North Indian languages. Instead of being visibly pro-Star and anti-Star, it’s important that we take a neutral stand and appreciate all pros and cons equally.

Similarly the so-called emphasis on Tamil and Telugu is a result of those markets having far higher revenue and viewership than smaller North Indian languages. Instead of being visibly pro-Star and anti-Star, it’s important that we take a neutral stand and appreciate all pros and cons equally.
Look there is clear bias by Star. You think Bengali viewers are not FTA viewers. We are not freeloaders. Government didn't had to gift us TVs for votes. We are a genuine big pay TV market. We have audience across Bengal, Orissa, Tripura and Assam. Even other states like Meghalaya has good amount of Bengali viewers. Bangla is fifth most spoken language in the world. Tamil and Telugu are nowhere in Top 10 list. Yet, we get stepchild treatment. Same is the case with Marathi viewers. Only if Star CEO was Bengali or Marathi. Talking about your point about cricket. Cricket is big among Maharashtrian. But the channel wasn't even distributed. Maharashtra even has 2 Pro Kabbadi League franchises. Than you had Star Sports 1 Bangla which skipped live events most of it's existence.

Last edited:
Look there is clear bias by Star. You think Bengali viewers are not FTA viewers. We are not freeloaders. Government didn't had to gift us TVs for votes. We are a genuine big pay TV market. We have audience across Bengal, Orissa, Tripura and Assam. Even other states like Meghalaya has good amount of Bengali viewers. Bangla is fifth most spoken language in the world. Tamil and Telugu are nowhere in Top 10 list. Yet, we get stepchild treatment. Same is the case with Marathi viewers. Only if Star CEO was Bengali or Marathi. Talking about your point about cricket. Cricket is big among Maharashtrian. But the channel wasn't even distributed. Maharashtra even has 2 Pro Kabbadi League franchises. Than you had Star Sports 1 Bangla which skipped live events most of it's existence.

Didn't Disney-Star launch dedicated regional sports channel for Bengal region? Answer is that Star Sports Bangla was launched but it did not perform well hence decision has been taken to shut it down which may again be reconsidered in near future. Even Free Preview was provided for this channel for quite a kong time at launch and at different point of time in the past, so it is not like only Star Sports Tamil or Telugu r provided on Free Preview. Infact Star Kiran SD / HD was provided on free preview basis to all operators right from November 2022 until January 31 2023.

Star Sports Marathi faced issues in getting proper distribution but u forgot that Nat Geo Tamil and Telugu too faced this issue in the past.

Neither disney-star is bias to any regional language nor am i biased to any broadcaster. As a broadcaster Disney-Star would want to expand into maximum regions and become an even strong company in the media industry.

Whenever u or others raise a question i provide u with a logical and reasoned response rather than just indulging in name calling which is of no use. Please try to understand the points shared in the reply as it would help to understand the ground reality rather than just criticising me or any broadcaster without a valid reason or just on the basis of wrong understanding of facts.

Lot of factors go into a launching a channel or it becoming successful or not. Star Sports Bangla must have been launched after lot of research but it did not garner success, still if u see Star Sports 2, Star Sports 3, Star Sports First do provide most of important content with bengali, marathi etc. audio feeds so as to cater to the audience in this region. They r not neglecting any audience rather fine tuning their strategy so that commercial and audience interest can be served in a balanced manner

Didn't Disney-Star launch dedicated regional sports channel for Bengal region? Answer is that Star Sports Bangla was launched but it did not perform well hence decision has been taken to shut it down which may again be reconsidered in near future. Even Free Preview was provided for this channel for quite a kong time at launch and at different point of time in the past, so it is not like only Star Sports Tamil or Telugu r provided on Free Preview. Infact Star Kiran SD / HD was provided on free preview basis to all operators right from November 2022 until January 31 2023.
It didn't had live sports most of the time including cricket. This happened from very beginning. How was that channel supposed to succeed with highlights when all other regional channels were airing live matches? Do some research before saying anything.

It didn't had live sports most of the time including cricket. This happened from very beginning. How was that channel supposed to succeed with highlights when all other regional channels were airing live matches? Do some research before saying anything.

I have commented after doing research. India Cricket gets maximum ratings so it forms major part of their content strategy and it is also essential to recover huge investments incurred on buying its rights. Star Sports Bangla did air football and some other major sports events. Issue is not about just how many people watch a channel but most importantly if investment going into running a channel can be recovered via subscription + ad revenue.

Running a full fledged channel is a costly affair more so in the sports genre, when it becomes financially unviable to sustain then there is no option but to cater to the said audience by accommodating such content on existing channels by adding audio feeds on it

I have commented after doing research. India Cricket gets maximum ratings so it forms major part of their content strategy and it is also essential to recover huge investments incurred on buying its rights. Star Sports Bangla did air football and some other major sports events. Issue is not about just how many people watch a channel but most importantly if investment going into running a channel can be recovered via subscription + ad revenue.

Running a full fledged channel is a costly affair more so in the sports genre, when it becomes financially unviable to sustain then there is no option but to cater to the said audience by accommodating such content on existing channels by adding audio feeds on it
How much of live content Star Sports 1 Bangla had after 2019 CWC? Enlighten us. You didn't let it even succeed. Bengal after North Eastern and Punjab-Harayana has a strong sports culture. Every other local league is on local news channels. Even Star brought rights of Calcutta League for it's movie channel years before launch of Star Sports 1 Bangla. Why didn't they do same for it's sports channel? You acquired TNPL for Tamil Nadu. What did you do for Bengal market apart from adapting shows from GECs to Star Plus?

Bengalis are taken for granted. Be it on streaming platform or TV. You barely have even kids movies dubbed and made in Bengali. Forget about giving bengali feed for Hungama and Disney Channel.
We don't get most Disney movies dubbed in Bangla. We have a successful animation industry of our own. Even our kids are attracted towards arts and culture. Come here you will find kids taking Rabindra Sangeet lessons at morning and going to art school on weekends still in this day and age of TikToks and Reels. Our kids prefer football over cricket. Dunno how shows like Art Attack and Premier League won't benefit from having a Bengali feed. You acquire rights for viewers. Right?

PS an unwatchable channel Star Sports 3 which is SD only and doesn't have HD feed has Premier League in Malayalam and Bangla.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock