Will DVB-T start with digitization?

Biswajit.HD

Contributor
Reaction score
Just had a question in mind will DVB-T transmission start with digitization in India??

DVB-T (Digital video broadcast - Terrestial) is the standard which is very much prevalent in western countries especially US and Europe in terrestial transmission.

With government approving digitization, i hope doordarshan may start DVB-T technology soon in India... :)

Kindly all members share ur views regarding DVB-T transmission in India and its future prospects...

i think they will be with dvb-s / dvb-s2 for now. very less chances of dvb-t transmission...

dreamdth said:
i think they will be with dvb-s / dvb-s2 for now. very less chances of dvb-t transmission...
lets see, if you take into consideration the terrestial transmission of doordarshan; DVB-T may have an edge in villages and remote areas, yes of course dvb-T antennae is different... In future govt may take a step ahead in this regard... This may be a post digitization scenario :)

well that will be a major change for sure, but personally i don't think govt. will move to dvb-t now.. first wait till full digitisation in india..

dreamdth said:
well that will be a major change for sure, but personally i don't think govt. will move to dvb-t now.. first wait till full digitisation in india..
full digitization may extend upto early 2015, although deadline is dec 2014... anyways dvb-t will be a boon to India's telecommunication sector...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock