Zee Bollywood launched now

Really not impressed with the movie showcase by Zee Bollywood. They would have bought some titles from Eros or UTV for showcase of movies which are not appeared in Zee cinema or and pictures. Already Zee having deal with eros international to access some of the titles which are premiered in star gold... Some of the titles like housefull, Hey baby, Ra.one, toonpurka super hero, .... Some more are coming like Cocktail, Vicky donor, Zindagi Na milagi doobara
How could Zee get movies that are with other channels in the name of a new channel?Zee can aquire other's movies only when deal expires or any other mutual dealings.Unless they can show only movies bought by them only.
Also most probably movies from UTV studios unaccessable for them at the sametime the movies already with them will lose.I think after Disney's aquisition completes all the UTV movies (including Dangal) will eventually reach Star from others.

Last edited:
I think after Disney's aquisition completes all the UTV movies (including Dangal) will eventually reach Star from others.
Zee will never give Dangal and Secret Superstar to anybody. These two are the biggest Aamir Khan films. Smaller films such as Barfi may be sold to Star, Sony or some other network.
Star sold Veer and Wanted to Zee as they are small Salman films. It will never sell Bodyguard, Kick or Dabangg.

Zee will never give Dangal and Secret Superstar to anybody. These two are the biggest Aamir Khan films. Smaller films such as Barfi may be sold to Star, Sony or some other network.
Star sold Veer and Wanted to Zee as they are small Salman films. It will never sell Bodyguard, Kick or Dabangg.
Satellite rights had a date of expiry.After that the channel can renew it and continue or else others will pick it up.Even though money is the aspect for renewal but after Disney's aquisition UTV and Star comes same family.UTV has the right to give the movies to channels.If UTV decides to give their movies to Star after expiry from others,then Zee can't do anything.(offtopic @JollyLNB bro we can continue this in general Discussion of Indian Channels if you wish)

Even though money is the aspect for renewal but after Disney's aquisition UTV and Star comes same family.UTV has the right to give the movies to channels.If UTV decides to give their movies to Star after expiry from others,then Zee can't do anything.
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag was produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures. Which channel airs it? Star Gold. Toilet was also produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures. Which channel shows it? Zee Cinema. But Padmaavat was also produced by them and it will air on Colors.
UTV or any other production house can give the rights to any network it chooses to. The one and only exceptions are Yash Raj Films, which has an exclusive deal with SPN (Sony), and SPN Productions and Zee Studios, which are owned by the respective TV networks.

Bhaag Milkha Bhaag was produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures. Which channel airs it? Star Gold. Toilet was also produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures. Which channel shows it? Zee Cinema. But Padmaavat was also produced by them and it will air on Colors.
UTV or any other production house can give the rights to any network it chooses to. The one and only exceptions are Yash Raj Films, which has an exclusive deal with SPN (Sony), and SPN Productions and Zee Studios, which are owned by the respective TV networks.
SPN,Zee studios movies are with respective networks as you said.If the same strategy is followed by UTV? I just said that probability.Then Zee can't do anything to save Dangal(as an example)

SPN,Zee studios movies are with respective networks as you said.If the same strategy is followed by UTV? I just said that probability.Then Zee can't do anything to save Dangal(as an example)
I sais only YRF, Zee Studios and SPN Productions do it. Nobody else does it. Dangal will stay with Zee as long as Sooryavansham stays with Sony. :lol:

I sais only YRF, Zee Studios and SPN Productions do it. Nobody else does it. Dangal will stay with Zee as long as Sooryavansham stays with Sony. :lol:
If SPN,Zee studios,YRF do,then why can't UTV do favour to Star(after fox Disney merger).I said that;)
I say Dangal will stay Zee not more than 4-6 years.

Last edited:
Don't think about 5-6 years of satellite rights on television. Digital sector is eating television sector specially all tv's will be upgrade to Smart TV. People will watch movies whenever they want from Netflix, Prime, Zee5 etc...they will not wait for premiere on TV. So no question of long term satellite rights.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock