Zee Election | 23rd May 2019 | Zee Networks

• Thread starter Thread starter Riddhiman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 15
  • Views Views: Views 3,373
(MIB) has issued an advisory regarding carrying of news and current affairs content on TV channels. The advisory states that in accordance with the Policy Guidelines for Uplinking of Television Channels From India, 2011, the ministry gives permission for uplinking of TV channels under two categories: (i) non-news & current affairs; and (ii) news & current affairs.

MIB advisory spooks Zee TV, Zee ETC's plan to air election results live - TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI

All the major news channels shoot in HD or even 4K but the TV telecast is SD. For instance, NDTV shoots in 4K as per this video. Of course, this is only to promote the Galaxy Note 9, but it still shoots in at least HD.

If this is true, why won't they at least make "HD" quality available online? NDTV is hardest to watch with its low picture quality. Many channels like RSTV, Republic TV, Tiranga TV are available online in an HD-like quality, even though there are no dedicated HD feeds. It is high time all Indian news channels follow suit.

Many channels like RSTV, Republic TV, Tiranga TV are available online in an HD-like quality, even though there are no dedicated HD feeds.
Indeed. Republic's feed on Hotstar and Republic Bharat's feed on Zee5 looks like real HD, at least 720p. My preference, however, is DD News HD, as its election graphics were not cluttered like the other channels.

Last edited:
(MIB) has issued an advisory regarding carrying of news and current affairs content on TV channels. The advisory states that in accordance with the Policy Guidelines for Uplinking of Television Channels From India, 2011, the ministry gives permission for uplinking of TV channels under two categories: (i) non-news & current affairs; and (ii) news & current affairs.

MIB advisory spooks Zee TV, Zee ETC's plan to air election results live - TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI
Off topic: They should make such rule for sports content too. Sports content should be played only on sports channels.

Back
Top Bottom