Breaking Airtel Digital TV in talks with Dish TV for merger

Are you happy with Airtel Digital TV - Dish TV merger?

• Total voters
That's great news. At least all the HD channels on all 3 platforms Airtel, Dishtv & D2h will be merged together having highest number of HD channels.

Hope so.In fact my thinking Airtel will call the shots and those channels which are not on Airtel will go from Dishtv and D2h until both the broadcaster and Airtel on the same page.In fact D2h suffered on that count after merger with Dishtv.

So, now Dish-D2H users will be realigned to Airtel SES7 Satellite?? Or they just continue operating individually??
3 satellites initially.

Airtel will use SES7
Dish TV will use GSat 15
d2h will use ST2

Later they may migrate into one. Its not one day job so surely take plenty of time.

Yes they should take steps on that in near future to realign and save the costs.
Better option is to use a satellite which has good coverage in both Asian and middle east regions.

For that better options should be to use either SES-9 or SES-12. These 2 sat have good coverage in ME along with coverage in India.

Hope so that after the merger Airtel excel further by adding the missing channels on their platform and the new DTH group becomes the largest and best DTH service in the region.

They should learn from the mistakes done by Dishtv & D2h & try not to repeat them post merger. This could only be achieved if Airtel management takes the decision ball in their hands for operational related matters.

Last edited:
3 satellites initially.

Airtel will use SES7
Dish TV will use GSat 15
d2h will use ST2

Later they may migrate into one. Its not one day job so surely take plenty of time.
Bro wat abt setup boxes? Will they will replace with new 1 or can continue with same boxes after it has been migrated? Any news regarding tat...

3cU4oBh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock