• Welcome to DreamDTH.com - an online community for the television and tech enthusiasts!

    Please Register or Login yourself to ask a question, participate in a discussion.

Do LCOs have the right to telecast channels from DTH feed?

aravindan

Registered
Joined
8 Nov 2012
Messages
486
Reaction score
300
Do LCOs have the rights to telecast channels from DTH feed in Analog cable?

Nowadays LCOs in TN & Chennai uses DTH feed to give some additional channels to woo their subscribers..

And this trend keeps improving day-by-day..

Is it legal at present mandatory digitisation campaign..?

Share your thoughts friends..:)
 

sathishbabu4u

Dream Shine
Joined
26 Dec 2012
Messages
1,319
Reaction score
482
RE: Do LCOs have the rights to telecast channels from DTH feed?

aravindan said:
Do LCOs have the rights to telecast channels from DTH feed in Analog cable?

Nowadays LCOs in TN & Chennai uses DTH feed to give some additional channels to woo their subscribers..

And this trend keeps improving day-by-day..

Is it legal at present mandatory digitisation campaign..?

Share your thoughts friends..:)
Officially it is Illegal.
Not only getting feed from DTH, Nowadays LCOs showing channels from MSO's STB . As some channels not available in specific MSO (like puthiyathalamurai in scv), LCOs going for DTH feed.
Every thing is illegal, but it is beneficiary for customers and LCOs.

Taking feed from STB is some what better compare to DTH.
Because DTH can take any steps to LCO as they not bother about that one customer.
But if MSO take steps to any LCO, LCO can easily change the MSO and other MSOs get beneficiary of it.
 

aravindan

Registered
Joined
8 Nov 2012
Messages
486
Reaction score
300
sathishbabu4u said:
Officially it is Illegal.
Not only getting feed from DTH, Nowadays LCOs showing channels from MSO's STB . As some channels not available in specific MSO (like puthiyathalamurai in scv), LCOs going for DTH feed.
Every thing is illegal, but it is beneficiary for customers and LCOs.

Taking feed from STB is some what better compare to DTH.
Because DTH can take any steps to LCO as they not bother about that one customer.
But if MSO take steps to any LCO, LCO can easily change the MSO and other MSOs get beneficiary of it.
I recently come to know that LCOs in several districts of TN under Arasu provides more than 15 channels via DTH feed.

Reason for this move is LCOs non-payment to Arasu.

How could it be legal?

Does LCOs & DTH firms engaged in MoU?

Wonder..:huh
 

HOUSE-MD

Dream Pro
Joined
16 Oct 2012
Messages
3,672
Reaction score
1,832
aravindan said:
Do LCOs have the rights to telecast channels from DTH feed in Analog cable?

Nowadays LCOs in TN & Chennai uses DTH feed to give some additional channels to woo their subscribers..

And this trend keeps improving day-by-day..

Is it legal at present mandatory digitisation campaign..?

Share your thoughts friends..:)


Hope both the DTH and Channel owners jump in for as this completely defeats the digitalization process.

LCO says he has increased subscription rate for providing additional channels, the subscriber pays the charge and perfectly does his part but where does the money go? It goes into the pocket of the LCO for some service that he illegally obtains.
 

HOUSE-MD

Dream Pro
Joined
16 Oct 2012
Messages
3,672
Reaction score
1,832
aravindan said:
I recently come to know that LCOs in several districts of TN under Arasu provides more than 15 channels via DTH feed.

Reason for this move is LCOs non-payment to Arasu.

How could it be legal?

Does LCOs & DTH firms engaged in MoU?

Wonder..:huh
Now the blame goes to Arasu alone as its completely their failure to provide the subscribers with an alternative LCO when they cut off the current LCO.

Plugging off an LCO isn't wrong but the subscribers who depend on Arasu should have continued service whether or not the LCO pays Arasu.

And regarding DTH having MoU with LCO who is working on Analogue, i don't think its possible as Analogue is currently being phased-out.
 

sathishbabu4u

Dream Shine
Joined
26 Dec 2012
Messages
1,319
Reaction score
482
My LCO changing Arasu and SCV frequently. I don't know to whom he will be subscribed and giving the Subscribtion Amount
 

vigneshwaran2910

Registered
Joined
7 Nov 2013
Messages
129
Reaction score
15
Not only in particular area bro its common through out tamilnadu.I have seen even 5 to 10 channels from dth expecally from sundirect and videocon in many parts of tamilnadu.
 

aravindan

Registered
Joined
8 Nov 2012
Messages
486
Reaction score
300
vigneshwaran2910 said:
Not only in particular area bro its common through out tamilnadu.I have seen even 5 to 10 channels from dth expecally from sundirect and videocon in many parts of tamilnadu.
I feel it's happening with DTH companies' permission & Arasu pays to them it seems..

Does it mean Arasu being operated for DTH companies' wellness? :huh

I don't know how long & what else going to happen in TN cable industry until Arasu or any MSO takes charge..

Bro..How many channels are you getting in your district in analog cable?
 

HOUSE-MD

Dream Pro
Joined
16 Oct 2012
Messages
3,672
Reaction score
1,832
aravindan said:
I feel it's happening with DTH companies' permission & Arasu pays to them it seems..

Does it mean Arasu being operated for DTH companies' wellness? :huh
May be some distributer snapped and all went wrong so all goes wrong. :huh

But at this point i would say, as long as people get the service they are all happy. :tup
 
Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock