DDF Exclusive ETV Plus HD, ETV Cinema HD, ETV Abhiruchi HD, ETV LIFE HD Launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETV HD itself took a long time to be added on DTHs. ETV is known for taking time. If TS adds these HD channels, I will strongly recommend that it changes all the Telugu LCNs to start from 1370/1380 as space will be very less otherwise.

Just watched Abbaigaru 1993 movie on ETV and ETV HD. Seems like they are just cropping the original picture and increasing brightness/contrast and telecasting it on HD channel. Is it going to be the same for ETV Cinema HD as well?
Broadcasters have no choice. When digitally mastered old movies are not available, broadcasters have only option of upscaling to HD and telecast. Even Gemini HD telecast upscaled movies.
Some old Hindi B&W movies are colored and digitally mastered to HD quality like... Naya Daur, Mughal E Azam, Chori Chori.

As far as I know, the only Telugu film come into this category is Maya Bazar.

Channels landing very soon on Airtel and Tata Sky as per sources (y)
Maybe now broadcasters will offer deep discounts and force DPOs to add channels soon. Otherwise, people wont subscribe to existing broadcaster HD bouquets in addition to SD. For example, only a few will subscribe to ETV HD alacarte channel in addition to ETV SD bouquet. So, ETV HD loses out. If there is ETV HD bouquet also available, then people might choose it. Similarly Gemini Music HD will miss out and the entire bouquet will be null and void. So, good time for subscribers.

Last edited:
Any chance of OTT platform from Eenadu? Already Star, Zee and Gemini have them. If Eenadu has an OTT platform, then, it will be a massive success. It has a huge library of old movies, popular shows like Yahoo and Wow and classic serials like Populapetti, Antarangalu, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock