Discussion General Discussion on Current and Upcoming Kannada Channels in Karnataka

@zaxotes: You Kannadigas are lucky when it comes to GECs. Tamil Nadu, for instance, has just TOO MANY GECs launched by political parties. But in Karnataka, if you are a GEC and you're not of good quality, you won't survive.

Unfortunately this is not true of Kannada news channels. Everyone can launch a news channel. It doesn't matter whether there is actual news (no shouting) that people want to watch. You yourself have pointed this out.

@zaxotes: You Kannadigas are lucky when it comes to GECs. Tamil Nadu, for instance, has just TOO MANY GECs launched by political parties. But in Karnataka, if you are a GEC and you're not of good quality, you won't survive.

Unfortunately this is not true of Kannada news channels. Everyone can launch a news channel. It doesn't matter whether there is actual news (no shouting) that people want to watch. You yourself have pointed this out.
On the GEC front, I do agree with you. Because, the big-four on Indian TV have their Kannada Versions - Colors, Zee, Star and Sun, all good and running successfully. Once Zee launches HD version of Zee Kannada, it will be a feather in cap for Kannada TV industry as all the big-four will have their HD feed in a South Indian language. I honestly want Sony to have an investment here too, but this might be very early for them.

However, the drawback is, no GEC from a media house headquartered in Bangalore/Karnataka have done good for the industry. If you look at Kannada GECs, all successful ones are based from outside Karnataka. This is not the same with Telugu and Tamil or even Malayalam. They have the channels that were started from respective regions (for example, ETV and Maa in Telugu, Sun in Tamil and Asianet, Kairali and Manorama in Malayalam) have been successful. Many GECs launched within Karnataka have dug their own graves without quality content. And news channels, as I said earlier today in an other thread, is an absolute gutter here.

Ohh!! that's why Public music channel is playing continuously songs from afternoon without live programs.

Can't zee try to acquire write men group?
With this acquisition they can get Kannada movie , music & news channels where they're currently missing.

Can't zee try to acquire write men group?
With this acquisition they can get Kannada movie , music & news channels where they're currently missing.
No, writemen media already has a negative overview through its sh#tty Public TV news channel. Zee would never like to malign their presence in Karnataka by acquiring them.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock