Low Volume while Casting / accessing YouTube / other apps

akshaykhare

Reaction score
Friends, I got the Internet TV STB installed yesterday. I can see some improvement in the HD Channels relay courtesy 1080P resolution being supported. No issues absolutely as far as AV is concerned.
But, while accessing Youtube or casting content.. the volume drops considerably. Am using a Denon AVR and routing sound through HDMI ARC from TV.
There's a review which confirms that this issue persists but since it was old, was thinking might have got resolved, but NO.
Can some one help me on this? Thanks in advance

U can install Kodi, and Install Youtube adon(its legal) and Install Plex and cast content from mobile. (or use twonkey media server)

hopefully It'll help.

I'm not using airtel internet TV, I told above two out of my experience. it may not work for you.

Hi @akshaykhare. Congrats on your new stb. Can u give a review or share your experiences with the box so far. Some pros n cons. I'm intending to move to this box. Thanks

it was issue when Airtel Internet was launched but corrected after software upgrade.
Make sure that you have latest version installed.
Latest version is 06.02.45.

Thanks can see the issue now. My STB version is on .36 and says no update available... how to force update any way out?

No idea how to force update. Wait for couple of days for auto update or ask cc to send an engineer.

The latest updates came through last evening and system is on the latest version (Android + Remote)

Here's what i observed - The volume issue got resolved when the output format is kept on Stereo, if using on Dolby or Dolby Plus the volume dips.
This happens for TV as well as Android Apps / Casting.

Anyone facing similar issues?

Hi @akshaykhare. Congrats on your new stb. Can u give a review or share your experiences with the box so far. Some pros n cons. I'm intending to move to this box. Thanks

Sure, as for now I can say its being offered at Rs 2500 (STB Upgrade) + 250 (Technician Charges) for people opting for upgrade. My old STB was almost 7 yrs old so I notice picture quality improvement for HD channels as well (as it supports 1080P & 4K resolutions). The remote control is good and has useful features like swipe to advance menus etc. The new STB also comes with recording functions for those who didnt't had it earlier.

All that disappoints me is the Volume on Dolby / Dolby Plus.. i hope i can get it resolved in few days. Else I feel its worth the upgrade,