DDF Exclusive New sporting events on DD Free Dish

According an article posted by Econonic Times:
1.STAR has demanded a delay of 1 hour in the IPL 2018 broadcast by DD.
2.STAR has demanded to exclude DD FreeDish viewers from the targer audience of the said broadcast.

If DD is ready to accept STAR's Demand, STAR would Provide DD With Broadcast signals of:
1. Opening and Closing Ceremony
2. Playoff Matches, Matches on Sunday.

STAR is ready to share Revenue Generated by DD, by these broadcasts, in a 50:50 model, as opposed to 75:25 applicable in mandatory sharing.

Prasar Bharati - Star India agree on revenue sharing on IPL, DD likely to earn 50 % of total revenue
But this Probably Doesn't Come under Mandatory Sharing, may be part of STAR's Revenue generation Strategy.
Also it is not yet finalised, may or may not happen.
But one thing for sure, Prasar Bharati can't dictate terms on this, all upto STAR's Wish

Last edited:
But this Probably Doesn't Come under Mandatory Sharing, may be part of STAR's Revenue generation Strategy.
Also it is not yet finalised, may or may not happen.
But one thing for sure, Prasar Bharati can't dictate terms on this, all upto STAR's Wish

BCCI and Star yet to get the permission to uplink the matches.MIB might be trying to arm-twist them.

P.S - Purely my personal opinion

BCCI and Star yet to get the permission to uplink the matches.MIB might be trying to arm-twist them.

P.S - Purely my personal opinion
Perhaps prasar bharti Almighty .star has no time to complain in court . So 99% prasar bharti win. Jio win bcci India cricket right

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock