Suggested pack by members

Here are my channels :)

LD6dOoD.png

Notes:
1) I called Customer Care to activate Puthiya Thalaimurai and Fashion TV (both FTA channels). The number I used to call them was the toll free number 1800 103 7575. Even after multiple attempts, the toll free number's automated IVR voice system did not recognize my Sun Direct Smart Card Number. So, finally I just stayed on the line. The call was automatically connected to Customer Care. Customer Care picked up after around 5 to 7 minutes.

2) The female executive I spoke to, told me that I might have to activate all my addons/a-la-cartes after a month. Because, -- this is the reason she gave -- I have activated the addons/a-la-cartes for only one month. She said I'll have to activate them for N number of months for them to continue for N number of months. When I replied there is no such option in the website to select addons/a-la-cartes for more than a month, her reply was: "Then you'll have to activate the channels again, after one month from today".

I believe that is not the case, right? From what I remember, as long as we have an active base pack and enough money left in the account, the addons/a-la-cartes used to auto-renew themselves, no? :unsure:

Next month try deselecting channels which you haven't watched for 3 hours at least.
That's a wise suggestion. Would prove economical, too.

But then, in my house, we're like, we are wasting 700+ bucks for the broadband service every month, which has on and off outages/slowness every now and then. And then DTH is a service that provides a lot of channels, many of them in High Definition, and has almost no outages (anyway not as frequently as the broadband). Plus, we'll never know when:
1) Our favorite channels channels play dumb programs
2) Dumb channels play good programs

It is like the lottery when it comes to expecting consitently good programs across the available channels. So, we think it offers a cushion to cast a wider net, you know, across a good set of possibly watchable channels.

Not all of them are favorites. And like you imply, we'll definitely end up watching only a select few channels every month. However, we might also end up watching few of the lesser entertaining channels when there are no good programs in the more entertaining channels. In short, we'd like to have options. So, what to do, wanting to have a lot of options costs a lot of money. Guilty pleasures, you know? So, 500+ appears justified to us :)

Last edited:
My annual pack got expired last month and they changed my plan to DPO 2 HD but I recharged through Sun Direct site and switched to DPO 1 HD.

Base Pack
Dpo HD tamil 1 249.15

Alacarte and Bouquets
Star Movies hd 19rs
Star sports 1 hd 19rs
Fox life hd 1rs

Sony network
Sony ten 1 hd 19rs
Happy India English Hd 3 channels 20rs
Sony pix hd, sony bbc earth hd, AxN hd

Bennet nd coleman co Bouquet 3 :
8 channels 20rs
Movies now hd, mn+hd, mnx hd, romedy now hd, zoom, ET now, Mirror Now, Times Now Hd(na)

Discovery pack HD Bouquet 4:
4 channels 8rs
Animal planet hd, Discovery hd, TLC world hd, Discovery kids

Indiacast
Mtv beats hd 1rs

Turner family hd plus pack 6 channels 12.5rs
Wb, CNN, Pogo, CN, HBO hd, CN hd

(GST @18%)

Is there any option to drop or change channel packs using sun direct app or website? I want to modify packs but could not.. pls help

Are SunShine Centers the only way to recharge now-a-days?

Since yesterday, I have been trying to change my base pack from HD Tamil DPO 2 to HD Tamil DPO 1, but to no avail. The sundirect.in website is routing to an error page when I try to change the base pack to HD Tamil DPO 1 (6 months).

My existing pack is valid till August 30 though. But it is costly, and does not offer many channels.

Did it work for anyone recently? I mean, changing the base pack through sundirect.in ?

The sundirect.in website seemed to work, 3 days back. Base pack change was routing to the payment page. But I had not decided on my pack then.

So, yesterday, thinking that the site would still work, I tried recharging for Rs.1609 via the niki.ai website. The money was debited, but the transaction failed. Only then did I notice that the sundirect.in website itself was not routing to the payment page. These two issues are probably related, right?

@amarnathkvk @WizarD @Chezhiyan @Bishnu15 @kathir @kepeeismail

I know I can reach out to @mayoorathan or @Prasad b for changing the base pack. But I thought I could recharge it for 6 months if I could do it online. Plus, I could really utilize some discounts and cashback offers!

Please advise :)
Change your Sun Direct packs here. 0172 4620292.

Is there any option to drop or change channel packs using sun direct app or website? I want to modify packs but could not.. pls help
1) We can change Base Pack via website and App.
2) We can add Addon Packs and a-la-carte channels via website and App.
3) We CANNOT remove already added Addon Packs and a-la-carte channels via website or App. There are a few options to accomplish this:
a) Reach out to your nearest local Sunshine Center (Local Sun Direct Dealer in your city)
b) Call Sun Direct Customer Care (Toll Free) number (1800 103 7575). When you call this number, note that the automated voice response might not recognize your Smart Card Number when you enter it using your phone's dial pad. Just keep entering it 3 or 4 times without disconnecting the call. The call will then be automatically connected to the Customer Care Executives' Queue.
c) Send a Personal Message via Dream DTH to one of our fellow Dream DTH members who are dealers as well. I believe @mayoorathan or @Prasad b could help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock