Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah - News, Updates & Discussions

We saw many cast changes in recent years on this show :(

We saw many cast changes in recent years on this show :(
Dr. Hathi change was not expected and decided but happened due to sudden demise of old actor. New one is not doing bad, but old Hathi was really good, even in real life as i learnt after searching about him.
Sonu (Jheel Mehta) left long ago.
Mr./Mrs. Sodhi came back two years back again.
Tapu has been changed as old actor decided to take other projects which he wasn't allowed to if he continue to act on TMKOC.

Who else? :unsure:

A huge loss for the show. Whoever the new Daya is, she has massive shoes to fill. Everyone will keep asking for the old. Disha and her voice in particular was so distinctive.
Dr. Hathi change was not expected and decided but happened due to sudden demise of old actor. New one is not doing bad, but old Hathi was really good, even in real life as i learnt after searching about him.
The old Dr Hathi (the late Kavi Kumar Azad, R.I.P.) had a great comic timing. The new Dr Hathi (Nirmal Soni; he was also the original Hathi in 2008–2009, in case some people don't know) is rather dull and practically blends into the woodwork (Google that). :cf2:
Sonu (Jheel Mehta) left long ago.
The current Sonu, Nidhi Bhanushali, came around 2012, when her on-screen age was around 14. So she has been around for a long time.
Sodhi came back two years back again.
The original Sodhi, Gurucharan Singh, left in late 2013 and returned in mid-2014. I think the new one was deeply unpopular. He completely lacked the aggression and romantic (yes!) factor of Gurucharan. :angry2:

Interesting fact: The full forms of Sonu and Gogi are Sonalika and Gurucharan respectively. Sonu's mother Madhvi Bhide is played by Sonalika Joshi and Gogi's father Roshan Singh Sodhi is played by Gurucharan Singh. :skd:

Last edited:
Vibhuti Sharma (worked in Bade Acche Lagtey Hain, Humne Li Hai Shapat) may have been finalised as the replacement for Disha Vakani

MehEQkV.jpg

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah gets its new Dayaben in Vibhuti Sharma as Disha Vakani dropped: report

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock