Sad News Three HD Sony channels has been shut down due to low viewership (Sony Rox HD, Le Plex HD & Ten Golf HD)

Though Rox and Le Plex were facing trouble in getting good TRP & ad revenue but Sony should have kept them operational for next 5 or 6 months. Reason is simple, TRAI Tariff Order would have given immense potential for such channels to grow.

Earlier operators bought bouquet under fixed deal from broadcasters and gave us HD channels in different add on packs or thru HD Access Fee option which ultimately led to most people not opting for them bcoz of being costly or not willing to pay for other channels clubbed in those packs. A-La-Carte option was there but again rates were way too high and made it unfeasible for subscribers. Also we had to take a SD Base Pack and unnecessarily pay for that too.

Now post TRAI Order implementation A-La-Carte rates will tremendously come down, also one would be free to just chose bouquet of their preference and thus there is a possibility of subscription/viewership numbers of premium channels to increase substantially which will lead to more ad revenue too. Don't know why Sony lost hope so easily. I have always seen that Sony has maintained quality standard rather than just launching channels for sake of increasing bouquet and Rox, Le Plex were great channels in respective genres

@A.J.Borah Wikipedia is not trustable .. so don't share anything from there ok.. I've edited that in Wikipedia:em::no:

Nothing about Indian channels can be trusted on Wikipedia. Most of the platforms the channel is available on are missing.

I think the content of Sony TEN Golf will be still available on Sony LIV; they may follow Animax route for this.
Neo Sports had rights for many events; anyone procuring them in India should start a new channel to allot proper spaces. Sony should've got it and should've re-branded the channel as Sony SIX 2 or Sony TEN 4.

Last edited:
Is there any hope for returning of Sony Rox or Sony Le Plex in SD feed?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock