• Thread starter Thread starter banyal21721
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 678
  • Views Views: Views 161,075
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: 10 MSM (Sony) channels shall be removed [15 Days Left]

Sarkar said:
Look if TRAI comes up with a law then every DTH/MSO will have to provide all channels as a-la-carte. So broadcaster will also reduce their price as they need viewer otherwise who will watch their content :k

bro anyday a-la-carte will cost more then base pack :k :s

Rushil.D said:
bro anyday a-la-carte will cost more then base pack :k :s

I don't think so. Bcoz if they sell at higher price no one will subscribe that chs so less ad revenue :s

Sarkar said:
I don't think so. Bcoz if they sell at higher price no one will subscribe that chs so less ad revenue :s

a-la-carte system will leave no choice to viewers they have to watch those channels only those they subscribed :s

Rushil.D said:
a-la-carte system will leave no choice to viewers they have to watch those channels only those they subscribed :s

That's the main point behind implementation of cable TV digitization. Pay what you watch :k

I will be more happy if Tata sky adds Animal Planet :HD, Travel XP :HD Nat Geo Wild :HD History :HD and Vh1 :HD Zee cafe :HD FX :HD (when launched) in place of Sony's 4 :HD . Because after a certain period Sony channels will be added back surely.

sayan.sunny said:
I will be more happy if Tata sky adds Animal Planet :HD, Travel XP :HD Nat Geo Wild :HD History :HD and Vh1 :HD Zee cafe :HD FX :HD (when launched) in place of Sony's 4 :HD . Because after a certain period Sony channels will be added back surely.

Actually I agree. If they are removing 4 :HD channels, they should add at least 4 other :HD channels as replacement. And as you say, after a while they will become friends again with MSM and add their channels back. And we would be gaining in the bargain!

If they removed all msm channels I saw tata to tatasky & go with airtel digital TV

they will not remove

pls close this thread

It's TRAI new policy that each broadcaster have to publish their channel cost per STB as a fixed rate. Whether the user is in base pack or alacarte doesn't matter. MSM cannot make a special offer for tatasky under the rules. Tata sky agrees previous agreed deals will not be valid under new rules and want to make TRAI look bad by stating the Reference Interconnect Offer regime as the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom