Sad News 11 Channels Will be Removed From DD Free Dish Will Effect From 1st March 2019

In all European countries the main TV channels, those with the highest viewership, are all free-to-air. Premium channels are only for the latest and/or niche series, movies, sports and documentaries. The situation is nearly the opposite in India. All the main channels are pay, and the FTA channels DDFD channels never show the latest serials (or the latest episodes of a serial). This is the unfortunate situation, and this is how broadcasters make their money. If you want to watch the latest shows, the most popular ones, you must pay. This is not so in Europe.

then why Mr Nagpal along with many other analysts always says TV subscription is lowest in India and always bring 100 $ cable subscription fee example ? :unsure:

i think when we buy new connection, we pay cost of everything, new company will not give us discount if we say i don't need technician visit, also no dish and wire required.
People can get Dish TV boxes from olx and from repair shops in cheap price instead of paying 1500 to 2500 Rs as a cost of new box. All I mean to say is that Dish TV is a better choice for DD Free Dish viewers as they don't need to make any change

In all European countries the main TV channels, those with the highest viewership, are all free-to-air. Premium channels are only for the latest and/or niche series, movies, sports and documentaries. The situation is nearly the opposite in India. All the main channels are pay, and the FTA channels DDFD channels never show the latest serials (or the latest episodes of a serial). This is the unfortunate situation, and this is how broadcasters make their money. If you want to watch the latest shows, the most popular ones, you must pay. This is not so in Europe.
Your statement is partly correct and partly incorrect. FTA channels in Europe are producing high quality content and thats how they used to get viewers while in India, our BudhuBaksha (DD) is only running on repeats or social programs and has no takers for such programs. Remember, in the past DD telecasted chart buster programs such as Ramayana, Mahabharat, Buniyad, Nukkad and list goes on, but these days it is completely ruined. Private players due to their connections are making sure that DD dont get good content from other production house. 2 years back DD was about to sell slot for tv programs but again due to pressure from lobby, backed out. I dont see revival till it is given complete freedom like BBC enjoys.

People can get Dish TV boxes from olx and from repair shops in cheap price instead of paying 1500 to 2500 Rs as a cost of new box. All I mean to say is that Dish TV is a better choice for DD Free Dish viewers as they don't need to make any change
do you think common people know which dth use which sat so they will buy dishtv to avoid alignment. even if they know will they make the choice based on just to avoid alignment

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock