Discussion Why Tata Play doesn’t provide Live TV Channels in Tata Play Binge

• Thread starter react
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 1,875

react

Contributor
Reaction score
Why can't TataPlay provide the live TV channels in the TataPlay Binge App for which I have already subscribed at the NTO prices?

Whether it is through the internet or satellite, once I have subscribed to the channel, it should be accessible via all modes. TRAI regulations are not violated here, as the customer has already paid the channel amount + NFC charges for DTH.

TataPlay's website (laptop) has live channels, but not the App (TV).

SunNxt and even Zee5 have live channels without NTO prices.

It's like restricting me from withdrawing my money from the same bank branch instead of using an ATM or online transactions.

You cannot compare SunNxt or Zee5 with Tata Play. Zee network and Sun Network have their own DTH platform. At the same time they have their TV network as well. In their respective OTT apps, they provide pay channels from their network. Zee5 alone provides some news channel or free channels (not much). Tata Play is not having their own TV network. They are providing DTH service from other network channels only. So they are not providing the live TV channels on TV. Watching in mobile is different as per my view.

In fact, I will also be happy if they provide live TV channels in Android TV as well..

You cannot compare SunNxt or Zee5 with Tata Play. Zee network and Sun Network have their own DTH platform. At the same time they have their TV network as well. In their respective OTT apps, they provide pay channels from their network. Zee5 alone provides some news channel or free channels (not much). Tata Play is not having their own TV network. They are providing DTH service from other network channels only. So they are not providing the live TV channels on TV. Watching in mobile is different as per my view.

In fact, I will also be happy if they provide live TV channels in Android TV as well..
As now, Jio being the major TV network in India, they will definitely bring a revolution in the TV Viewing experience with the backbone of Jio Broadband services, Jio Network, Jio Cable networks (Hathway, den etc), JioCinema OTT, JioTV(Live TV) as IPTV with affordable pan India plan till competitor goes on loss.

Investing in any sort of Hardwares, Set-top boxes, antenna will make us to stick to those provider. Its better to avoid any such, for short term.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock