SonyLiv Login + Resolution Issue on Tata Play Binge+

Nitin Makwana

Reaction score
Hi,

I have taken SonyLiv Premium subscription outside Tata Play Binge+ OTT Subscription package.

Right now I am facing 2 issues with SonyLiv app on Tata Play Binge+ stb.

1. When I open SonyLiv app to watch any show or movie on SonyLiv, everytime I have to activate my device by typing a code shown on the TV in my SonyLiv app on my mobile.

2. Also, the maximum display resolution that I can set/change in my SonyLiv app in Tata Play Binge+ STB is 720p.

When I connect my TV to Amazon Fire Stick and open SonyLiv app there, I do not face about 2 issues.
Means in Amazon Fire Stick, I do not have to activate my device to watch any content on SonyLiv. Also max. display resolution that I can set/change in SonyLiv app is 1080p.

I contacted both Tata Play Customer care and SonyLiv customer care and explained them my issue.

But both of them are blaming each other but none from them is eager to solve above 2 issues.

So do you guys know how to fix these issues so that I can watch content on SonyLiv on my Tata Play Binge+ without any kind of issues?

Any solution to fix these 2 issues?

Activating same device again and again everytime I open SonyLiv app on Tata Play Binge+ is too much headache.

Please List Out All Issues

I'm Escalating!

I'm Escalating!
1. The login issue persists also in Zee5 and SunNxt. So as far as I know, this issue is in 3 apps, including SonyLiv.
2. Background playback pauses when clicking on the Home button. Also, it was more transparent earlier. Now the purple background takes over.
3. Google Assistant is a hit or a miss. We often need to search twice for it to show appropriate results.
4. Favourite channels often get jumbled and there is no way like a sequence to edit them directly. So, one has to remove all favourite channels and rearrange them again.
5. They removed the option to add channels to favourites and change the language of the channel from "i" button. Now, we need to go to settings to change language or add channels to favourites.
6. Recording and replay options on many channels are available on either SD channels or HD channels. For eg. Recording and Replaying shows for Zee Kannada SD is available but not for Zee Kannada HD. So, if I want to replay a particular show, I need to subscribe to the SD version of the channel (assuming that I have an HD version of it).

I'm Escalating!
1. When I open SonyLiv app to watch any show or movie on SonyLiv, everytime I have to activate my device by typing a code shown on the TV in my SonyLiv app on my mobile.

2. Also, the maximum display resolution that I can set/change in my SonyLiv app in Tata Play Binge+ STB is 720p.

One more thing is that, migration is still not completed for my Tata Play Binge+ STB.
All the channels are still broadcasted from GSAT30 on my TV instead of GSAT24.

I have multi-room connection of Tata Play Binge+ and the technician who visited my place told me that there is no availability of twin/duo Super LNB 2.0 so no LNB replacement will be done at your place and so you can not watch channels from GSAT24.

So is there any solution of this issue too?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock