Breaking Tata Play removed all Sony network channels from existing packs; to be available only on à-la-carte basis

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 122
  • Views Views: Views 19,067

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Tata Play removed all Sony network channels from all the existing packs and customers holding monthly packs would be moved to new packs with reduced prices immediately.

Only LDP customers shall continue with the old packs.

New subscribers and existing subscribers with monthly packs are going to be the most affected ones by this move.

ef2si6o.jpeg

Remember the Sony network dispute of October–December 2018? Almost all Sony HD channels and most SD channels were removed from Tata Play (then Tata Sky) and readded only after two months of dispute and complaints. It’s easy to forget today but that thread ran until 118 pages! :skd: I hope there is no new jhanjhat/tamasha in the carriage agreement with Sony because these are vital channels.

Remember the Sony network dispute of October–December 2018? Almost all Sony HD channels and most SD channels were removed from Tata Play (then Tata Sky) and readded only after two months of dispute and complaints. It’s easy to forget today but that thread ran until 118 pages! :skd: I hope there is no new jhanjhat/tamasha in the carriage agreement with Sony because these are vital channels.

Last Year also it happened bro from Oct - Nov , Tata Play somehow managed it n only Sony Liv was removed from the Binge App . This time it seems the issue is big , Sony Asking more to Tata Play so it'll a big dispute.

Pre NTO situation was different, since NTO implementation no broadcaster can offer channels / Bouquets to various operators at different rates so pricing cannot be a point for this dispute as if Sony was asking for more money then Tata Play could have challenged the same and raised it with TRAI and TDSAT dispute redressal forum...... Main issue is that Tata Play is going thru a difficult financial situation as seen in previous news articles which reported losses increasing for the company so they may be looking at getting discounts which some broadcasters won't be agreeing to and above all i am still perplexed why is Tata Play not implementing ways to earn additional revenue like add more carriage fee channels (charging affordable fee so that more channels join the platform), add more home channels and run teleshopping ads on it etc. ........ Gone r the days when broadcasters will backtrack from their demands based on which operator is big or small as with NTO level playing field has been created and as such Tata Play is already in a crunch situation so they should be even more careful of not having such disputes with broadcasters which shall lead yo further churn in its subscriber base

Considering price reduced and sony channels reduced, I fear it might be permanent 😔
Generally I don't watch Sony Channels except sometimes Sony on Weekends n Sony Sports Ten 3 now for India Series so good for me my monthly price reduced to ₹60 Less now . I can take Ten 3 in a la carte now .

Generally I don't watch Sony Channels except sometimes Sony on Weekends n Sony Sports Ten 3 now for India Series so good for me my monthly price reduced to ₹60 Less now . I can take Ten 3 in a la carte now .
Same here Only watch Sony Sports for India matches & 💯

So true! I watch only sony max 2 , Sony max hd(rare ),Sony wah

I miss Sony mix though 🥲
It was really good music channel

Back
Top Bottom