Breaking Tata Play removed all Sony network channels from existing packs; to be available only on à-la-carte basis

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 122
  • Views Views: Views 19,014
The Sony network has a whole has been suffering for quite some time, since several channels were closed a few years back and the Zee merger has failed as well. On top of which this dispute with Tata Play is doing it no favours at all. The only positive thing to have happened to SPN in recent years is the mega-rebrand of all channels in October 2022. Without N.P. Singh, the going is getting even more difficult and it’s up to Gaurav Banerjee to rescue the company from this mess.

No one watches Sony Channels in my surroundings except when there is live cricket so they can close the network or shutdown channels which are not making money, I will not be disappointed if whole sony network shutdown as well, they deserve this for killing AXN 🥺

No one watches Sony Channels in my surroundings except when there is live cricket so they can close the network or shutdown channels which are not making money, I will not be disappointed if whole sony network shutdown as well, they deserve this for killing AXN 🥺
So just bcoz people around u don't watch Sony Channels it is right for Tata Play to drop these channels from DPO bouquets or to even further add to it u r saying if Sony Channels get shutdown still it is not of any worry.....well buddy India has a very large population and operators have duty to cater to viewing preferences of all audience segments

Whatever be the issue broadcasters and operators need to resolve it amicably so that customers get to view their favorite channels without any interruption else it is not of benefit to any stakeholder.....

Request all to please stop defending this move by Tata Play as there cannot be any excuse valid for it more so post NTO implementation where broadcasters cannot discriminate between small and big broadcasters

Uff again Airtel cry!
They didn't remove the channel ...they just removed the tata play packs unlike Airtel...user can still add as ala carte which is fine and considering many don't watch Sony channels, such removal is actually beneficial because it reduced price of tata play packs
First of all ask Airtel to add mtv beats hd and then we can come to the table for a debate

Uff again Airtel cry!
They didn't remove the channel ...they just removed the tata play packs unlike Airtel...user can still add as ala carte which is fine and considering many don't watch Sony channels, such removal is actually beneficial because it reduced price of tata play packs
First of all ask Airtel to add mtv beats hd and then we can come to the table for a debate

Its not any cry but i raised a valid argument / point..... Also be it any operator such things should not happen..... It is not at all beneficial as u r seeming it to be....also Fot ur information since NTO implementation Airtel Digital TV has "not" had one such instance of prominent channels getting dropped from DPO Bouquets or Platform , Pre NTO big operators got many benefits while smaller ones had to face many issues in signing long term deals with broadcasters and NTO thankfully created level playing field.

As far as addition of Viacom18 HD channels on Airtel Digital TV Platform is concerned, i have already explained multiple times why likely the delay is happening and anyways once these channels r added i would love to see same enthusiasm in appreciating the same as we see for criticising Airtel Digital TV for smallest of things even when Airtel is not at fault while when Tat Play is a t fault like in this case still many members defending this wrong move giving various reasons which r not at all justifiable

Not adding mtv beats hd for more than 7 years it not a fault ?🙏
Blind love 🥲

Even if tataplay dropped the channels from the bouquets they compensated it by reducing the price but I doubt Airtel will be so kind...

And you always raise such argument out of nowhere in every tataplay post! You always bring comparison.... It sounds like "you beat my kid that day for nothing now see what your kid is doing" 😆

Its not any cry but i raised a valid argument / point..... Also be it any operator such things should not happen..... It is not at all beneficial as u r seeming it to be....also Fot ur information since NTO implementation Airtel Digital TV has "not" had one such instance of prominent channels getting dropped from DPO Bouquets or Platform , Pre NTO big operators got many benefits while smaller ones had to face many issues in signing long term deals with broadcasters and NTO thankfully created level playing field.
bro what's the issue with You ? Firstly you're not a Tata Play User ok .
we're using Tata Play not you , so we know what will be good or bad for us . Also we're not going on ADTV threads n criticize like you doing here on Tata Play threads regularly which is not good . Also if i start asking you than it'll be a very big post first ask your DTH to provide these channels which is missing since years .
MTV Beats HD
VH1 HD
Bloomberg TV
Euro News
NHK World Japan
ABC Austrlia Tv
DW TV
Channel News Asia
Al Jazeera
Woman
Travel XP HD
Fashion TV
Food Food
ETV Cinema HD
ETV Plus HD
ETV Bal Bharat HD & All 5 Doordarshan HD Channels.

Not adding mtv beats hd for more than 7 years it not a fault ?🙏
Blind love 🥲

Even if tataplay dropped the channels from the bouquets they compensated it by reducing the price but I doubt Airtel will be so kind...

And you always raise such argument out of nowhere in every tataplay post! You always bring comparison.... It sounds like "you beat my kid that day for nothing now see what your kid is doing" 😆

Wrong comparison.....i have already explained why during pre NTO era pending Viacom18 HD did not get added on Airtel Digital TV and plz note not just these but Airtel was quite slow in adding other HD channels too during that time period reason being it was difficult to arrive at a mutually acceptable price point for long term deals with broadcasters and Airtel was facing bandwidth shortage too + had a smaller HD subscriber base ...... Infact at that time too i had discussed in this forum itself that unless Airtel Digital TV expands its HD channels count it won't help in attracting more HD subscribers as i always got response from their side that demand is low for many such channels...... Anyways so post NTO implementation level playing field came into existence and Airtel has since then done great job in adding channels and drastically improving service offerings across different fronts, pending channels will get added too as i have already explained in great detail.

As far as generosity of Airtel is concerned they have by far been quite good in providing customers best services at affordable price point, they know how to cater to each audience segment..... Just giving high discount offers and ending up in losses thereby affecting service quality is not a good business strategy and thankfully Airtel has strayed away from it

I raised this argument just to show the glaring difference how reactions hugely vary when such steps r taken by Airtel Digital TV vs when Tata Play does it

bro what's the issue with You ? Firstly you're not a Tata Play User ok .
we're using Tata Play not you , so we know what will be good or bad for us . Also we're not going on ADTV threads n criticize like you doing here on Tata Play threads regularly which is not good . Also if i start asking you than it'll be a very big post first ask your DTH to provide these channels which is missing since years .
MTV Beats HD
VH1 HD
Bloomberg TV
Euro News
NHK World Japan
ABC Austrlia Tv
DW TV
Channel News Asia
Al Jazeera
Woman
Travel XP HD
Fashion TV
Food Food
ETV Cinema HD
ETV Plus HD
ETV Bal Bharat HD & All 5 Doordarshan HD Channels.

I have Tata Play HD +, Tata Play HD and even a SD connection...... Even if i use it at random intervals that does not mean i cannot comment about anything related to it as i know what i am stating rather than making comments which r out of context or lacking reasoning.

Pending channels will get added on Airtel DTH Platform but DD HD channels will get added once Airtel Digital TV gets so much free bandwidth as Tata Play has at present to its disposal though again i feel Tata Play got access to GSat 24 after facing much issues related to bandwidth shortage and as there r no other Indian DTH operators which r currently operating its services on 83°E or nearby orbits hence Tata Play has the benefit to use all the transponders on GSat 30 and GSat 24.....i do not think Airtel or even Dish d2h will get exclusive satellite for itself as leasing of transponders is a costly thing and operators add additional transponders based on need which again is difficult bcoz of various factors

Back
Top Bottom