16:3 Telecast

soorya_g

Reaction score
There are 3 SD channels which telecast in 16:9 ratio ( in my subscribed list)
Movies Now, FTV and AlZazeera.
Are there any other SD channels in TS with 16:9 telecast .

I wish they also start showing History TV 18 in 16:9 aspect ratio.

NinadG said:
Does T(S STB has letter box option to view 16:9 channel on SD? :huh

yes it has this option.. but by selecting this, nothing happens on picture.. still same picture is shown

NinadG said:
Does T(S STB has letter box option to view 16:9 channel on SD? :huh
Yes HD+ and SD+ boxes have the option. Don't know about the other two, SD box and HD box. I think all the boxes have the option.

gautamsky said:
yes it has this option.. but by selecting this, nothing happens on picture.. still same picture is shown
Check once again. Is not your TV 16:9 and after selecting pillarbox in picture setting are you saving the selection with blue button.

soorya_g said:
Check once again. Is not your TV 16:9 and after selecting pillarbox in picture setting are you saving the selection with blue button.

I have 4:3 CRT TV.. and selecting above option does not bring black bars on top and bottom of the 16:9 picture (movies now, food food etc), so picture looks stretched vertically :huh

And how does set top box come to know that the picture is in 16:9 or 4:3 ratio?

Will you check up picture settings options in your CRT.
STB need not know. It simply transmits whatever it receives as per our option 4:3/16:9.

soorya_g said:
Will you check up picture settings options in your CRT.
STB need not know. It simply transmits whatever it receives as per our option 4:3/16:9.

There is no specific setting for aspect ratio in my Sony CRT 4:3 TV.
I have tecnicolor SD box, so what setting should I do in set top box so that it converts 16:9 content into 4:3 by introducing black bars on top and bottom.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock