16 Years for Viacom18

Rajkumar

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
16 Years ago Viacom 18 Broadcaster introduced them self in Bharat.

Many Congratulation to the Team Viacom 18.

R5A389I.jpg

SR6tbEX.png
gvQg1EQ.jpg

Until 2007, Viacom18 was known as MTV Networks India under which channels like MTV, Vh1 and Nick operated. In 2008 Colors was established.

Now with the merger with Disney Star, along with the rebranding of ViacomCBS to Paramount Global, I expect that a new name will be used. It might contain Jio, Colors or some other name.

Until 2007, Viacom18 was known as MTV Networks India under which channels like MTV, Vh1 and Nick operated. In 2008 Colors was established.

Now with the merger with Disney Star, along with the rebranding of ViacomCBS to Paramount Global, I expect that a new name will be used. It might contain Jio, Colors or some other name.

I still remember the days when Colors launched. All the other competitors that launched around the same time failed. It was a Balika Vadhu (child marriage) onslaught that disrupted the Hindi GEC industry and broke the Star/Zee/Sony oligopoly. :ROFLMAO:

I still wonder if this Reliance and Disney Star deal will actually move forward. If it does move forward, my assumption is they will integrate Hotstar content into JioCinema. 😆
  • In 2018, Reliance acquired Saavn and renamed it to JioSaavn
  • In 2023, Reliance acquired IPL digital rights for 2023-2027, acquired BCCI digital rights for 2023-2028, signed multi-year licensing deals with Warner Bros. Discovery and NBCUniversal, and shut down Voot and migrated all its content to JioCinema

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock